Chapter-17

Arinya's POV

I left Mr King's office in utter shock that I blurted out everything to him. My mind still couldn't register the fact that I myself mustered enough courage to open up to someone who I barely know on a personal level. But I sort of felt it really strange that I told someone, that to Mr King of all people, about the whole scenario and I still didn't have even a hint of uneasiness or apprehension that he might use it against me in any way.
He's a man in real sense.

Rather I had this foreign feeling in me that I can rely on him and he will stick to his words to help me out of this horrendous situation for real. Since the time I've stepped in this company, I've always heard people say that he is a man of his words with immense power.

When I told Elle about my conversation with Mr King, at first she didn't believe me at all. She said that there's no way in the hell that he would give his personal number to his employees. But then I somehow managed to make her believe things, afterall I wasn't lying. After knowing that I was telling her the truth, she kept saying that Mr King wouldn't just go all haywire to help someone until he has a soft corner for the person but I kept disapproving to her logics.
He was helping me out of kindness and chivalry as he witnessed me in a vulnerable condition.

The next day when we reached the entrance gate of the office, I again got a message saying "The other night we played a lot of hide and seek, let's meet up for real this time." from a random number again with a picture of me sleeping in my old apartment's bedroom.
I halted on my steps when I saw it.

How many more pictures of me does he have?

Elle understood my panic-stricken expression and took the phone from my hands. She adviced me to forward the same message to Mr King.

I slightly nodded at her and both of us left for our respective cabins. I kept thinking about it for a while but then I thought of dropping the idea of sending this message to Mr King. I somehow feel embarrassed when I think about this whole situation.
What will he think about me?

I just kept my phone on the desk and started working. At lunchtime, my friends came to my cabin with food. Since the time this stalker situation has happened, I haven't gone out with my group in the fear of being watched. I had to lie to Samantha and John too about my ankle. Elle and I told them the same story that I slipped and twisted my ankle. Since then all three of them come to my office at lunchtime.

All of us talked and laughed a lot while we ate our food. John, Samantha and I finished our lunch while Elle was still eating. It appeared as if she's eating slowly on purpose. After John and Samantha made their way to their own workspaces', Elle slid her food plate aside and turned to face me properly. She asked if I had forwarded the message to Mr King or not yet. That explains the tortoise speed eating.

"No El, I feel embarrassed." I reasoned.

"You don't have to feel embarrassed, none of this is your fault." She retorted.

"I don't know..." I just shrugged. She looked at me intently with hopeful eyes but didn't say anything. I just smiled weakly at her.

"Finish your food, I'll be back in a while. I have to pass these files to Miss Wilson." I said and picked up the file from the desk and headed towards Miss Wilson's office.

After few minutes when I came back Elle was tapping something on my phone. When she saw me entering, she kept my phone on the table and smirked at me.

"What's that for?" I asked her with knitted eyebrows.

"You'll know." She winked at me and exited my office.
That was weird.

I stepped ahead and picked up my phone. The moment I unlocked it , I wanted to throw it somewhere far away or hide it where I can't find it.
That won't change anything stupid. My conscience snapped.
I could feel heat crawling up my cheeks due to the embarrassment and the worst part is that I can't undo the already done blunder by my very own Elle.