Chapter 17

Justin

I was just lying on my bed, reading a book I borrowed from the library. The book was called More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera. I didnt read the plot of the story written on the back, the colorful paint splattered on the cover was what drew me in.

Reading novels were not exactly my thing but were grounded so I needed something to keep my mind from going bored. Clay was on the living room, getting tutored by a girl named Maria. She was our age and very beautiful, she was half filipina but she grew up here. Lanie mentioned that she was a family friend, I was new to this family thats why I didnt know her.

This was also the first week after my rehabilitation that I wouldnt attend the addiction support group. I already gave them my farewell through a text message. I sent it to Kyle, the support group leader, I made sure I gave enough thank you's and showed them how grateful I was through my words. I was now ready to move forward and not look back from my past.

I heard laughter from downstairs where Clay and Maria, his tutor, were. I wanted to check on them but I told Clay that I would try my best not to go down to not distract him from focusing on his studies. Because we all knew what happened last time I tried to help him study, he didnt lear anything.

My mind kept bugging me about what happened earlier at school. I closed the book I was reading and placed it on my chest. Luke Holliday, a big famous school jock from the football team, made a scene and told everyone that Zach and Alex were dating. Clay and I didnt exactly witnessed what happened after because our friends asked us to call for a teacher. Apparently, Luke threatened Zach about something, that made Zach punch Alex in front of the whole school.

I already sent Alex tons of messages asking if he was okay, no replies from him as of the moment. I sent Zach a text and fortunately he replied, he informed me that he was on the way to Alex's house to apologize. He sounded wretched and sorrowful, I knew Alex was his best friend but if the rumor about him and Alex were true then I was sure Zach was heart broken.

There were sound of footsteps on the way to the room. I knew it was Clay, I already memorized his footsteps, they were most likely light but still hearable. I opened the book again and pretended that I was reading, I didnt know why I did that.

The door opened and Clay entered the room, he was smiling. He was wearing a smug look on his face, the stressor from his life was finally gone, he was no longer worrying about his failing subjects. He gave me a weird look.

"Why are you reading the book upside down?" He sat on my bed near my feet.

"What?" I looked at the book I was holding and it was indeed upside down.  Stupid, Foley. I quickly put it on ny bedside table, under the lamp. I sat up and dodged Clay's question. "How was tutoring?"

"It was good," Clay grinned. "She's so good at teaching, she's definitely better than most of our teachers."

"And she's pretty." I added and raised one eyebrow at Clay.

"She's really pretty," Clay exhaled. "Kind of distracting sometimes."

"Really?" I leaned forward to him, smirking.

"Yeah." Clay licked his lips.

I went for his bottom lip first, Clay reciprocated the kiss. He sucked on my upper lip, making me moan. It seemed like he was waiting for this. We kissed for a few minutes until we were out of breath and our lungs begged and pressed the time out button.

"I've been looking forward to that." Clay admitted.

"Me too." I pressed my back on the bed frame, catching my breath. Clay made me breathless, like literally.

"Can we do this more often?" Clay looked at me. He was talking about our kiss.

"If you want it." I said but to be honest I really wouldnt mind doing this more often with Clay.

"Okay," Clay lied down on my bed. "This could be my reward every night after studying."

I fought back a smile. Clay thinking, that our forbidden kisses was his reward, made my heart jump a little.

Clay went back to his bed and started scrolling on his phone. I continued the book I was reading, this time no longer inverted. I found out that the protagonist of the book was confused about his sexuality. I flipped the page ready to carry on with the story when I heard a knock on the door. Lanie's head popped up and she called us for dinner.

We went downstairs and the food were already prepared on the dining table. Lanie and Matt were waiting for us. We sat on our respective seat, I was facing Clay.

"Clay, how was your first day with Maria?" Matt asked. The food was korean, I grabbed my fork and took three pieces of Sushi and placed it on my plate.

"It's good," Clay placed a whole California Maki inside his mouth. "She taught me this easy formula for my Calculus class."

"Isn't she pretty?" Matt mentioned and then gave Lanie a look.

"Yes, she is." Clay said casually.

"She's totally your age aswell," Matt told Clay. We knew what he wanted to say, Matt wanted Clay to date his tutor, Maria, who was also a family friend. "You're still dating Ani right?"

"Nope," Clay took another California Maki. "We already broke up."

"Oh," Matt nodded. Lani gave his husband a look, more like a change the topic look. "Hope the both of you are finding new hobbies, you guys are grounded until your mom calls it off."

"Justin is reading a novel." Clay smiled at me, he realized that I was quiet. "Right?"

"Yeah," I took a gulp of water before continuing. "I borrowed a few books from the library."

"I have a few novels in our room. I'll give it to you," Lanie offered. "Just tell me when you're done with yours."

The dinner ended. I helped wash the dishes and Clay stayed and cleaned the dining table. Clay waited for me to finish the chore that I was doing, he was sitting on the dining table. Lanie and Matt were now on their room.

"Why are you quiet?" Clay asked.

To be honest, I didnt know too. I guess hearing Matt talk about Maria and implying she could be Clay's possible girlfriend in the future bummed me out a little.

"Nothing," I lied. "The Sushi was just too good."

"You're lying," Clay caught me. "Is it because of Maria? Dont worry, I dont want to date her. I'm really happy and satisfied with my life right now."

Hearing that from Clay helped my mood shift. We went back upstairs into our room and changed our clothes. He gave me a goodnight kiss on the cheek before letting bed paralyze my body. I dreamt of nothing, no bad dreams, no nightmares.

-

Hi! First of all I want to say sorry for not updating yesterday, Wattpad was broken and I couldnt see any of my notifications. I guess that bummed me out.

But its okay now, will continue updating everyday again from now on.

Also if you want to know more about what happened with Zach and Alex, I suggest read my other book called Fix You.

Lastly, thank you for the 400 followers. I dont deserve this. You guys are incredible.

- G