17

"aaaand, that's the last one." you sighed as you wiped the beads of sweat forming on your temples after putting the large wooden boxes of flowers inside the shop. It was already past 6 pm in the evening and it was already past your closing hours when you have finally finished putting the flowers that is displayed outside the flower shop inside.

The once salmon and purple sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black that engulfed the town. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the skies, cold breeze of the wind brushed through your skin — all you could ever thought was your routine for tomorrow, letting the tranquil vibe of the night soothe you and your worries away.

The neighborhood was quiet and since there is an ongoing cases of burglary in the nearest neighborhood as what Izuku had told you, most people stay go home early for their safety. Myriad of streetlamps and lampposts aligned in the cemented pavements are the only lights that illuminates the dark streets of Musutafu.

Dusting off the dust and leftover soil from your hand, your hand reach over the doorknob to close the door when you felt someone tug it open, causing you to get startled and jumped away from the door instantly.

You gulped as you took a peek who was it outside, "I'm sorry, the shop is closed for now-" you were interrupted mid sentence when you saw a familiar man leaning against the doorframe, the lights from inside the shop illuminated him.

"H-hey." he smiled, but you could only stand there in silence as you watched his current condition in horror.

In one shattered moment your heart and breathing stop, just stop. He's a bloody mess, nose bleeding and eyes almost shut with swelling, and there's cut above his eyebrow, the scarlet blood flowing into his eyes. His arms are wrapped round his guts like he's holding them in and to be honest he's beat so bad he could be.

Katsuki made his entrance, and when he first comes into view you don't recognize him, he's too far away and his gait is all wrong. He walks like a scarecrow more than a man and all lop-sided at that. His face still bears congealed blood and his clothes are an utter mess, wrinkled and stained with scarlet colored stains.

"(y/n)..." he croaked, trying to say your name, his cracked lips failing at the first syllable, making you jerk up as you ran towards him, catching him in both of your arms.

Your hands were trembling as you caught him, "K-Katsuki-san!? What happened?!" you asked almost choking on your own saliva, kicking the door close behind Katsuki as you brought him in the nearest chair.

You placed him down and you noticed how he was panting heavily, trying to catch his breath while drooling blood from his mouth. Your kept your tears at bay as panic began to take over you. It was the first time you have ever saw someone got so beaten up that he can't even sit properly without bobbing his head.

You quickly took the phone from your pocket and dialed 119 but Katsuki was fast to hold your wrist to stop you from ever hitting the call button, "No." he said sternly while looking at you with a pleading expression in his eyes.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'NO'? YOU'RE WOUNDED AND I-" you were caught off guard when Katsuki rested his forehead on your abdomen while you were standing right in front of him.

Katsuki could feel the salty, bitter taste of his blood on his tongue, "no. don't call anyone." he said once more but his voice were faltering, "please, (y/n)?"

He never knew that they would get ambushed by Akuyaku-gumi, nor did he had any idea that Himiko Toga was a part of the rival group. They all fabricated the plan to have a Toga marry him so that they can ambush him and kill him to take over their territory.