Injection

"Sir it isn't that bad!" The brit tried and failed to get his boyfriend to go the the doctors for an injection.

"No! You know why us Americans call it a 'shot'? Because it feels like you've been shot!"

"Sir it is a needle! Not a bullet!"

"I'm not going!"

Toast watched as Ghost glared and wrapped himself up in the duvet.

"Sir?"

Silence.

"Ghost?"

Silence.

Toast sighed. He walked over and tried to move the cover, only to hear a muffled hiss.

"D-Did.. Did you just hiss at me sir?"

"Yes!"

Toast glared. "This is ridiculous! You are a 26 year old man, you are getting an injection! We face far worse on our cases then this!"

Toast began pulling the duvet cover. Ghost started hissing and growling at him.

"You aren't an animal!" Toast pulled the cover off him.

"On every level expect physical, I am a wolf, Johnny."

Toast twitched. "No you're not. That's me." He took Ghosts arm and gently smiled, pulling him closer. "See? It isn't that bad."

Ghost leaned towards him. Toast blinked, recognising they were going to kiss. He smiled and closed his eyes.

In that moment, Ghost let go of him and darted back under the duvet.

"Fuck!" Toast cried out. "That's it sir!" he pulled the end of the duvet and dragged him out of the apartment. "I don't care if this ruins your duvet, you have had your warning!"

And so, Toast pulled Ghost, who was wrapped in the bed sheet, down the stairs and into their van.

He picked up the bundle of blankets and opened the van doors, pushing him in.

"Wait no, Johnny! Wait!" Ghost scrambled to get up. He jumped towards the door but before he could run back into the apartment, Toast slammed the door shut.

Ghost huffed.

****
"See it isn't that bad."

Ghost was sitting quite calmly on the bed. The nurse was getting the injection ready.

"Come on sir. I'll hold your hand."

"Johnny, that's gay." Ghost said, staring at him.

"Ghost I am your boyfriend.."

The nurse giggled a bit. She smiled and walked over. "This won't hurt too much."

She gently placed her hand on his arm.

And Ghost screamed. He darted over to Toast and climbed on his back, hissing and growling at the nurse. Ghost hand his arms quite firmly around Toasts shoulders and his fee pressed into his back.

The nurse blinked. "Sir-!"

"Don't you 'sir' me. Johnny is the only one who can call me sir. He likes to call me that a lot."

"Ghost sit on the bed."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"If Gavin was here, he would have taken the needle and pinned you down then injected you himself. You know how kind I am here?"

"There's a difference there!"

"What's the difference?"

"Jimmy would be the one pinning Gavin. There would at least be a fight between them."

An idea suddenly came into Toasts head. He smiled.

"I'll let you sit on my lap?"

"Will you pet by hair?"

"If you want."

Toast walked over to the bed and sat down. He rolled his eyes and tapped his thigh, smiling as Ghost sat on his lap.

"Now give the nurse your arm." Toast gently hugged Ghost, running a hand through his hair.

Ghost nuzzled his neck and relaxed onto his boyfriend.

"It's okay sir. Tell me what was the scariest entity you've encountered?"

Ghost teared up.

"Hey its okay." Toast said softly, kissing his boyfriends head. "I've got you. Keep talking to me."

"I-I think it must have been Maxwell."

"Just Maxwell?"

"Have you seen him, Johnny?" Ghost looked at him. "The guy looks like a toddler with a cowboy suit on."

"Don't let him hear your say that." Toast smiled.

"Okay! All done." The nurse smiled. She put the plaster on and stood up.

"That's a nice plaster." Toast smiled.

"Bandaid."

"Plaster in Britain."

"Would you like a sticker?" Toast nuzzled him, putting a sticker on his grey hoodie.

"Don't patronise me." Ghost glared.

"Then I'll take it back."

"Hey I worked for this! I deserve this."

Toast smiled softly at how adorable his boyfriend was.

They thanked the nurse and left.

"So, ice cream?" Toast asked, starting the van and driving away.

"You."

"I-I'm sorry, what?" Toast blushed darkly.

"I want you to cuddle with me."

"I love you, Ghost."

"I love you too Johnny. Now pull over."

"Why?"

Ghost lifted up a needle that he had somehow taken from the office, and smirked evilly. "It's just a tiny scratch, Johnny. Don't be scared."

Hey.

I hope you enjoyed the one shot.

I have a question: Would you like me to do an authors note explaining the multiple endings of the criminal series or would you like me to do the other endings at the end of the series?

And I will see you next time.

Bye my lovely bird people.

-Guargent