Orbit ( Mediator Part 2) - Scott McCall

Melissa and Mason had brought him in after hours, knowing very well that if there is anyone Y/n would make an exception for, it's her true alpha of a son.
They had grown up together, Scott and Y/n. From the moment they met in kindergarten, after Scott had asked his dad to stay back because Y/n's mom was running late to pick her up, and then proceeding to making goofy faces just to cheer her up, they became just as inseparable as him an Stiles, if not, more.
It wasn't until they entered high school, in which Melissa saw what was always buried beneath the surface. It was through the way Y/n distanced herself when Scott was with Allison; how she transformed into a much more silenced and warded off version of herself. And even though she tried to mask her green eyes, Melissa could see the jealousy from a mile away.
However, she also saw the way Y/n covered for Scott every time he snuck out with Allison, and how she took on double shifts at the animal clinic just so his girlfriend didn't feel like he wasn't giving her any of his time
The same thing occurred when Y/n began dating Isaac. Scott's usual kind and optimistic nature shifted, into that of an easily agitated pessimist. But, even when he was busy compiling a list of all the reasons why Isaac was not good enough for his best friend, he still insisted on chipping in for birthday gifts and dates that Isaac landed a few dollars short on, and offering him excellent advice whenever he and Y/n encountered disagreements.
It was through the way that both Scott and Y/n showed jealousy when one or the other began dating, but still continued to put one another's happiness before their own, that made Melissa see their true feelings for each other; that it extended far beyond that of an ordinary friendship.
So her choice to race to the Beacon Hills Animal Clinic, so Y/n could heal her son, was, admittedly, slightly influenced by her inner matchmaker, that wanted for two of them to finally be together, after all these years.
"He's not healing," Mason stated as he and Melissa carried Scott into the animal clinic and laid him on the examination table.
As soon as she saw him, unconscious, battered, bloody and bruised, it was as if they had never fought. All that was on her mind was saving him.
Y/n couldn't have moved faster. With Deaton out of town, she needed as much time as she could get to figure out what was wrong with Scott and what she needed to do to help him.
"Tell me exactly what happened, Mason," Y/n said, rather demanded, as she raced around the room grabbing all the possible resources she might need.
"It was the supermoon," Mason spoke up. "Theo planted wolfsbane in Scott's inhaler, then trapped him and Liam in the library- surrounded by mountain ash. Liam was... not himself. All he wanted was to save Hayden, and Theo convinced him that giving her the bite himself would be the answer. He- he tried to kill Scott, bef- before Theo came and ..."
She gently places her hand on Mason's shoulder. Even though he knew about the world of alphas and betas, it didn't take glasses to see he was still adjusting to all of this, and seeing his best friend in such a state had obviously shaken him.
"Thank you, Mase," Y/n said softly. "I need you just to follow my instructions, okay? And Melissa, I need you to hand me any equipment I ask you to, alright?"
They both nod vigorously. Melissa steps behind her to reach the tray Y/n had filled with equipment, while Mason stood on the opposite side of the table.
She lifts his shirt up, to reveal the wounds Liam and Theo had left.
"Melissa hand me some swabs and the solution. Mason, give me a hand with this."
They try to clean his wounds and stop the bleeding, but they make very little progress. She presses her fingers against his neck, and begins to panic when she cannot find a pulse.
"It's no use," Mason cries, putting the blood stained swabs down. "He has no pulse and he's lost too much blood."
Y/n shakes her head.
"Guess we're doing this the human way," she mutters, wiping away her tears and clutching her hands together, one on top of the other, before placing them on the centre of her chest, counting breathlessly as she pushed.
"Y/n..." Melissa begins, walking closer to her.
"I can't loose him," she whispers, before proceeding with mouth-to-mouth without hesitation.
"Sweetie," Melissa whispers, placing a hand on her shoulder.
She doesn't slow down. She can't bring herself to give up.
"You listen to me," she says sternly to the unresponsive alpha, blatantly ignoring both Melissa and Mason's presence. "You're stronger than this. You've overcome a pack of alphas, a nogistune, the mask of a berserker and so much more. Now open your damn eyes, dammit."
She leans down for his mouth, and exhales twice.
"Scott, please."
By now she is on the verge of hysteria. Her cheeks were soaked from her tears, but her arms were not going to give out until she saw the only pair of brown eyes she wanted to see.
"I'm sorry that we fought. I'm sorry that I left you in the library before we could sort things out. I need you to wake up now because I don't think I can live with myself if you die."
She leans down for his mouth, and exhales twice.
"Remember when you climbed through my window with ice cream after my dad left me and my mom? Remember when you forced Stiles to attend my cat's funeral? Remember when you drove me and my mom all the way to Phoenix to attend my grandfather's unveiling because she couldn't afford the plane ride?"
She leans down for his mouth, and exhales twice.
"I lost so many people, but not you. Never you. You were the one thing I could always come back to. You're my constant. No matter what, it was always you."
With one last breath she allows her energy to build.
"I love you damnit, now open your eyes."
She lifts her arms as high as she could and uses the momentum to push hard against his chest. Within that exact second, Scott's eyes shot open, only they weren't brown.
Y/n, Melissa and Mason all fell to the ground from the intensity of Scott's roar. His eyes were virtually ignited, as if to show the revival of his life.
Melissa is the first to stand up, the first to hug her son and the first to thank every inch of this universe for sparing his life, Y/n in particular
She gives them their moment, and Mason eventually escorts Melissa into the waiting room, as though that gave Y/n and Scott any more privacy than before.
She is standing there, with no more words to say. There were none left. So, instead of words, she offered him a hug; held onto him like he was the first shred of the sun's radiation after a cold winters night.
"I'm sorry," is all he can say. She has almost forgotten they had ever fallen out. "You were right about Theo... About everything. God, I should've known."
"It's okay."
"No, it's not. You stuck by me even when I believed in the wrong person, even when you knew Stiles was right. Even when I mess up, you're still willing to save my ass."
"Always," she replies.
"You're my constant as well, Y/n."
Oh god, Y/n thought. He heard that.
"- And I love you too."
She forgets how to breathe, how to stand straight and how to stabilise her knees.
"I've loved you since kindergarten," he confesses, placing one hand on her jaw line, using his thumb to swipe away her tears, "I've always known that. But now, I know that I love you, far differently from the way best friends love each other, because I nearly lost you today, and it made me realise that any future without you is pointless. Because you keep me in orbit... You were my anchor even before I got the bite. You're my constant too."
She doesn't realise how close they are until now. Their noses are pressed, and she can feel his breath against her cheeks the same way he does with hers. In that moment there is no Theo, no dread doctors and no chimeras.
It is just he and she.
In that moment, a new constellation is aligned and, despite all the madness they will have to face, there is one thing makes sense.