Chapter 1: Famous last words (pt 1)

"Where's Alaska?"

102 days before

It was the day the summer holiday ended and it was time to go back to Culver Creek acadamy. However, Talitha Chase stood in the kitchen with her older brother Longwell and their parents at their goodbye party, although she didn't quite understand the point of throwing a party if the two kids were going to be back home for the weekend, she didn't question it though. She was excited to go back to Culver Creek and she couldn't wait to see Alaska, Takumi ,The colonel and Jason again.

Talitha had loaded her things in her jeep so that she would be ready to go early while Longwell was just loading his things into his car. "Bye mom, Bye dad" she said as she hugged both her parents goodbye. "we love you and we'll see you this weekend" her mom said to her. She got in her jeep and drove off. "Culver Creek, here we come". 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I arrived and unpacked all my things in my room that i share with Sarah, the Colonel's girlfriend, I leave the room and immediately spot my best friend, Alaska Young. I love Alaska to death, she is literally like my sister and I look up to her so much. 

"Alaska" I scream and run over to her and tackle her "Oh my days, I missed you so much". She hugs me back and says "I missed you too". "Do you mind if I stay with you and Sarah tonight, Marya's busy?" she asks me and I look at her like she has two heads, "What kind of question is that, of course you can stay with us." I tell her. 

"Thanks, now come help me with my room" she laughs and pulls me to her's and Marya's room. I look in awe at her life's library, all the books she wants to read before she dies, she's so awesome. 

"Oh my gosh, i need to tell you how i got my boob honked this summer" she says and I laugh, just then we hear one knock on the door. At Culver Creek we have this rule that if we're going to someone else's room we always knock on the door once. if there's there's three knocks on the door then it's Mr Starnes (the eagle). 

"Oh my God. Is that the colonel? Get on in here" Alaska screams and Chip runs in and hugs us both, with some other guy I've never seen before behind him. 

"Oh, so, so get this, I was just about to tell Tilly this. First day of summer, I'm in grand old vine station, Alabama. I'm with this guy Justin, We're sitting on his couch watching TV. I'm already dating Jake, I'm still dating him miraculously enough. But Justin and I, we've been friends since we were kids. So, we're just sitting on his couch watching the office, talking about SATs or something . So we're just chatting and I'm in the middle of a sentence about analogies when all of a sudden he just honks my boob." She grab's the boy's arm and puts it on her boob. "Just like that, just like a much too firm two or three second honk. Can you believe it?" I look at her in shock.

"And the first thing I thought was, ok, how do i extricate this claw from my boob before it leaves permanent marks" she says and the colonel and I chuckle. "And the second thing I thought was, I cannot wait to tell the colonel, Takumi and Talitha". I smile at that."

"That's crazy" says The colonel. Alaska turns to look at the boy still holding her boob. "You can let go now" she says and I snort. "who's this guy not laughing at my story" she asks Chip. 

"My roommate - Miles-to-go Halter. Aka Pudge. Pudge memorises people's last words" Chip says. " he also has money for your cigarettes".

Pudge hands her the money. "Pudge, this is Alaska, she got her boob honked this summer which you are now well aware and this is Talitha, she likes a boy called Jason who you have yet to meet" says Chip.

I look at him and turn bright red. 

"You really memorise last words" Alaska asks Pudge. He says yes. "I like it, very authentic" I say, "but we're gonna have to quiz you of course". He nods.

"JFk" 

"That' obvious" Miles says and I say "Ah shit, is it now?" 

"Oh, no. Those were his last words. Someone said Mr President, you can't say Dallas doesn't love you and he said, that's obvious and then he got shot". We all stare at him. " God, that's awful" says Alaska "Nice meeting you, Pudge, next time laugh at my story".

"We'll see you in a few, by the way have you seen Jason yet?" I ask and blush and Chip just laughs at me and leaves with pudge. Rude.

Alaska looks at me amused. "What?" I ask her. "Did you see Jason at all over the summer"she asks me. "yeah, he came over loads, anyways I'm gonna go see if I can find him, Love you" I say and I leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walk back to my room, I see Jason standing by the door. I smile and go up to him. 

"Hey" He smiles and I hug him. 

Jason Eubanks and I met my first day at Culver Creek along with Alaska, Takumi and The colonel we've all been inseperable since then. I however, started to develop a small crush on Jason last year and now I really really like him but he can never know because there is no way he likes me back.

I smile at him, "I was just in Alaska's room with the colonel and the new guy called Miles, Did you know she got her boob honked first day of summer?" I laugh.

He smiles at me "well I do now" he says and we both start laughing.

"Okay right, so I watched heathers before I left my house and I have a question for you." I say to him. "Okay, shoot" he says to me.

"If you inherit five million dollars the same day aliens tell the earth they're blowing us up in two days, what would you do?" I ask him.

He laughs and says "you're cute" and I start blushing like crazy and he just keeps laughing. "Okay I would buy a private jet and go to the Cayman Islands and take you with me and we can spend all the money there" he says. My jaw drops. Holy shit.

"That's sweet" I say, "right, let's go meet the Colonel and pudge at the smoking hole" and I grab his hand and we start walking.