Chapter 6: Tell them I said something (Pt 3)

I lay on my front on my bed, with Jason next to me running circles on my bare back. "Good morning" I say and he smiles and kisses me slowly. "Good morning, I love doing that" he said. I can't believe he's actually my boyfriend now. I looked at my clock,. "We should get ready to go" I smile at him and he nods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got back to campus, Alaska told me Pudge is going to be on trial in front of the jury soon. Apparently, he got caught because he dropped his stupid florida key chain. He had to speak to the eagle and he didn't rat. Go him.

The six of us are ready to walk in to the room with Pudge to support him when the eagle opens the door."Oh, no, no, no, no, absolutely not." he says. Stupid asshole. "This room is reserved for jurors and the accused. And obviously me."

Pudge walks in. "Good luck, man" Jason says to him.

We go to sit down. I know he'll be fine. My brother and Kevin walk past. "Wow, you ladies look slender" colonel says and I laugh. "Lost any weight?"

"The only weight I'm going to lose is you. cos you're dead weight and you're dead" Kevin said. Huh?

"Hold up. I need to think about that one for a second" Takumi laughs. Longwell just looks even shittier than normal with his blue hair. sucks to suck. "I think we can all agree what happened at the club went to far" he says. Oh yeah they got diarrhoea. It was quite funny.

"What happened at the club" Alaska asked. "No idea, not a member" Takumi repliied. "You shouldn't be lecturing anyone about going too far" Colonel said. agreed. "Fine. Maybe we took it too far dumping Halter in the lake." Longwell said. Maybe? "And the colonel's suit" I glared at him. "We didn't know it was his only one" Kevin said. "That sounded dangerously close to an apology" Alaska said. "It should be an apology" I said.  

"Right now, one of yours is in front of the jury, and the eagle's on the warpath." Longwell said. "We may never know who the rat was, but we can all agree we need to turn down the heat. We'll stop looking for the rat if you stop retaliating. for real.Truce?" My brother offered.

"Who knows that there even was a rat?"the colonel asked "The eagle could have just gotten lucky-" he's interrupted by Alaska shaking Longwell's hand "Truce" she said "Peace be with you Longwell". Then they walk away.

I think I know who the rat is. shit.

...

"I got off with a slap on the wrist, I mean, I wasn't sure how it was going to go, but I really spoke from the heart and I think the jury connected with it" Pudge walked over to us and said. Aw look at him, he's so happy.

"Look at him. So proud of himself." Colonel said. "I almost don't even want to tell him." Takumi said. "Then don't" I reply. "Yeah, just let him have this" Alaska replied.

"Have what? What's going on?" Pudge asks. "I'm sure the jury let you off because of your stirring words and those puppy dog eyes, but probably doesn't hurt that I'll be writing term papers for jurors two and five" colonel said. "Or that I agreed to teach juror one how to master Halo 2 and provide all relevant cheat codes" Takumi added. " Oh and Tilly and I promised juror seven that you'd go on a date with her."

Alaska had told me about the deal that she has with Pudge. I don't see it going very well though.

"You guys tampered with the jury on my behalf?"Pudge asked. "Tell me they read the part about the key chain." Takumi said. "Cost me extra, but I just couldn't resist". We all laugh.

"Told you Pudge, you're one of us now" 

We walk ahead but I notice Alaska stops and she stares at the eagle. fishy. 

...

Alaska and I were sat in her room since she has a single now. "So tell me what happened with Jason." she said. "Well he kissed me at cotillion which you saw and then when we got to my house he asked me to be his girlfriend and then we did the deed" i said the last part really quietly but she heard me anyway. She looks at me in shock. "He didn't make you do anything you didn't want to right?" She asks me in concern. "No of course not" I tell her.

"Alaska, we need to talk about the rat."