Stairs

When I was about 5 years old, we lived in a 2 story house. It was extremely big and spacious, my whole family loved it. In my family I had my mum,dad,brother and me. We were very close to each other and shared our feelings and thoughts. So one day when I ran out of things to play, I climbed up and down the stairs thinking it would make a great game. It did and I never got bored of it, I played it everyday at least once. So another day, I was playing the stairs game until a voice got my attention. "I bet you a dollar that you can't get to the top of the stairs within a minute." I thought it was going to be fun and I did it. I got a dollar from the voice. I was really proud of myself and as days went by I started to make conversations with the unknown voice. It was really fun, another year went by and the voice disappeared. I was sad for a few weeks then I got over it. Another 2 years went by and I heart the voice again, "it's been a long time, hasn't it?". I was a little scared at first and then I remembered it. I started to play with it again. It made a bet again, "I bet you 10 dollars that you can't get to the top of the stairs within 50 seconds!". I won the bet and I kept wining for a few days and as days went by, the bets got really valuable and the time got shorter. Once the bet was..."I bet you your life that you can't get to the top of the stairs within 5 seconds." I took 7 seconds and I was disappointed of my self. It told me again, "you've failed, so your life shall be taken away from you!!!" I didn't really know the value of that bet and just ignored it. 10 years went and I was 18 years old. The voice came again. "It's nearly time to give me your life!" I freaked out and told my family. Since my mum and dad were very understanding, we moved into a smaller house near the old one but it was still worth it. We also heard that the next family who was going to move in had a little girl named sandy at the age of 6. We warned them but they seemed to not believe us. We did our part by warning them and there was nothing else we could do. After another 12 years we heard the news that sandy had passed away and it was her funeral.