Chapter 6

Erin's POV:

I opened my eyes and rolled over, I felt lighter than air. I was wearing a pink silk nightdress with a pink silk sweater. I rolled over in the bed I was in and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. It finally occurred to me that I was in an unfamiliar bed wearing clothes that weren't mine. I got up and weakly started crawling to the foot of the bed. I was about to get off, but Ian appeared. "Go back to sleep. Your fever hasn't gone down yet".

My eyes focused on him, he had me a worried look on his face. I saw in his mirror that my cheeks are a rosy red." I'm perfectly fine, can I talk to my big brother?" He looked at me with hesitant eyes and then slowly nodded. He turned around and left the room. Mathew walked in- *pause* stormed in. He practically pounced on me, "what happened?" I shrugged my shoulders, wanting to forget that horrible choke hold I was put into. He didn't press on about it.

I felt like throwing up, "Matt, I don't feel so well". He left and Ian came back in with a bucket and a bottle of water. I emptied my stomach into the bucket, and rinsed the horrid taste from my mouth. He rubbed my back until I fell asleep.

Ian's POV:

Her face is as red as a cherry because her temperature keeps rising. She's also so vulnerable. If anyone tried something on her while she's like that, she won't be able to fight back.... Even in her best health she's a weakling, but I can protect her since I'm the strongest Alpha in all North America. Also, she's a human and a werewolf.... I fixed her properly in bed and then growled when a moan escaped her lips. She turned in her sleep and opened her eyes, I pressed a cup of cold water to her lips and she slowly drunk it. A smile formed on her lips, "thank you".