Chapter 26, 27, 28

Khloe

I walked towards the other exit and went straight for Donnie's room. I sent a mental projection to his brothers as I walked down the hallway and made a left. Leo, Mikey, Raph...stay in the dojo or living room. I need to talk to Donnie alone.

Why? Is something wrong? (Leo)

No, not really. But it's personal, between Donatello and I. I cannot discuss this with you guys.

Why not? (Raph)

Because I said so, Raph. Now stay back, no eavesdropping.

I moved the hanging blanket aside and sat with him on my bed.

"Donnie, I..." I sighed. "I've been wanting to ask you something for awhile now, but I jus' don't know how to put it..."

"Ask me what?"

I looked at him with an unsure and timid frown on my face.

"It's okay, Khloe." He said in a soft voice as he held my hand I was clenching into a fist. I was so nervous to ask him about taking our relationship to the next level, despite the fact that he wasn't human. I could care less if he was human. Donnie was mutant and a teenager (well, not anymore; he's in his early twenties). There was a small part of him that was human. I wasn't one to judge someone by looks or other flaws. I fell in love with Donnie's loving and caring heart first and foremost. Being a cute, mutant turtle was a bonus for him and for me...

I looked at the bed, hanging my head down as I stared at his plaid blanket.

I closed my eyes really tight and cringed as I felt Donnie's hand tighten on mine.

"Khloe..." His voice sounded both worried and a little stern. "Talk to me, please. Tell me what's wrong...."

"Nothing's wrong, Don." I muttered.

"Then, what is it that you have to tell me?" Donnie asked, sounding a bit firmer.

Okay, it's now or never, Khloe (Lavia) Davis. Speak now or forever hold your peace. Tell him now or forever wish I had.

"Donatello...?" I said, slowly lifting my head up, quickly meeting his concerned gaze.

"Yes...Khloe?" He was holding both of my hands now, firmly but softly.

"I'm..." I took a deep breath in. "...I'm ready."

Donnie's concerned frown was replaced with a slightly puzzled look.

"You're...ready?"

"Yes, Donnie. I'm ready." I said, nodding once and smiling, making him do the same.

"Ready for what, baby?"

I said this as slow as I could. "I am ready to take our relationship to the next level."

Donnie's confusion started to dissipate. "W-w-what do y-you mean?" He asked.

"I'm ready to progress in our relationship...." I said.

The confusion was non-existent now. He smiled at me as his mouth hung open. "Really...you mean it, Khloe?"

"Yes, Donatello." I replied as my smiled widened, feeling his warm hands on my cheeks.

"I want a more physically intimate relationship with you, Donnie."

"Y-you do?" He stuttered.

"Yes!" I whispered.

"Oh, Khloe!" Donnie gave a small chuckle as he pulled me in for a kiss.

"So...what d'you say?" I asked. "Are you ready, Donnie?"