Good to be back: Jax

Kenshi: Feeling better? Or worse?

Jax: Not sure, maybe both

Kenshi: They'll be fine

Jax: The question is, will I be?

Kenshi: We have a good crossfire position. But why is it that Quan Chi travels by conventional means?

Sareena: He seems unable to fully use his magic. He's weaker than when I was... in his service

Jax: Sareena's dead on. He doesn't have Shinnok as a power source. He's still Quan Chi though

(Echo walks over with a team of soldiers)

Kenshi: I realize you agreed to guide and observe. But you are welcome to assume a role you wish

Jax: I'm too rusty. I don't wanna jeopardize the mission

Echo: You're kidding right? You're one of the best fighters I've ever known

Jax: Nice of you to say, but I don't think I'm gonna-

Sareena: He approaches

(Quan Chi rides on a demon horse, followed by the revenants of Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Jade, Sindel, Night Wolf, Kabal, Smoke, and Stryker)

(The soldiers grab assault rifles and get in a line)

(Echo and Jax grab assault rifles as well)

Kenshi: Now!

(Echo and the soldiers fire their assault rifles)

(Quan Chi and the revenants get off of their horses and run on foot)

(Revenant Sindel uses her scream magic on a few soldiers, killing them)

(Revenant Stryker shoots a soldier in the head with his pistol)

(Revenant Jade hits a soldier with her staff)

(Revenant Kabal rides on a demon horse, and decapitates 2 soldiers with his hook swords)

(Revenant Night Wolf starts cutting down the soldiers with his axes, but he gets taken down by Kenshi)

(Echo fires an assault rifle, hitting Quan Chi in his armor)

Kenshi: Itami!

(Kenshi hits Revenant Kabal with his sword)

(Echo leaps up and kicks Revenant Jade off her demon horse)

(Revenant Smoke drags Quan Chi to cover)

(Revenant Liu Kang fireballs a group of soldiers)

(Jax walks over to the revenants of Kung Lao and Liu Kang)

R Kung Lao: Do not interfere, Jaxon Briggs.
Go back into hiding

Jax: Hiding. I guess I have been

(Echo is fighting Revenant Smoke in the background)

(Jax fights Revenant Kung Lao. Jax is able to use his cybernetic arms to block Kung Lao's bladed hat attacks. And he hits hard enough that he deals a lot of damage, knocking out Kung Lao in a matter of hits)

Jax: That knocked some of my rust off

(A group of soldiers fire their assault rifles at Revenant Liu Kang and Quan Chi, but they get fireballed)

(Jax is about to shoot Quan Chi with an assault rifle, but Revenant Sindel uses her scream magic on Jax, leaving him hanging off of a ledge)

(Revenant Sindel laughs as she stomps on Jax's robotic arm)