Chapter Four: The Bank

~We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals~

~17 years ago~

Inside the Capital West bank at Main and sixth, robbers are shouting as the situation threatens to get out of control.

"Hey, get them behind the counter!" An alarm begins to sound. "Now you've put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do. Hmm? Shit!" One of the man speaks into his Walkie-talkie.

Turning around, he is met with young Allison, her hand behind her back and a sly smile grazing her lips. "Hey, get back with the others."

Ignoring his warning, Allison dosen't move, the mask on her face covering her eyes confusing the robber."I heard a Rumor."

"What? What did yousay?"  

She leans in, cupping a hand to her mouth so the robber would understand her better. "I heard a Rumor thatyou shot your friend in the foot."

Turning around, he raised his gun at his friend which groaned in pain as he got shot. He began to aimlessly fire his own gun as he fell, the hostages screaming in fear. 

"Up there!" One of the robbers shouts as he saw someone running across the roof. One man fell through it, followed by a young blonde boy. 

Luther lands behind a counter, grabbing onto another one and slamming his head on the counter before throwing him out of the window.

"Guns are for sissies.Real men throw knives." Young Diego states as he throws one of his knives in a straight line before it suddenly made a sharp left turn and embedding itself in one of the robbers shoulders.

Slowly coming out of hiding, a smaller Doll taps one of the man on his arm, a kind smile plastered on across her face. "Hey! Where did you come from?"

The little doll-like girl giggled, catching his eyes she begann to wiggle one of her hands behind  her back, a small string and puppet appearing.

Doll gasped loudly, her honey like voice reaching his ears as he fell into a trance. "Do you wanna play with me?" Her eyes turned black beneath her mask and her skin even paler unlike the man, his eyes got misty.

She made him walk over to one of his friends, the sweet smile left her lips as the man begun to shoot his friend and himself. Leaving the scene, she walked off to her siblings.

Scared standing on the counter one of the robbers points his gun and "Get back, you freaks." standing there the siblings Diego, Allison, Doll and Luther smile, "Hey, be careful up there, buddy."

"Get back now!" the man shouts in "Wouldn't want you to get hurt."

Turning around a young boy suddenly appeared. The robber raises his gun at a crossed legged Five who taunts him rather cocky. "Or what?" 

As Five disappears, the man shoots where he just sat. As he stops, Five appears behind him with his arms crossed over his chest.

The man turns and tries to shoot the boy but to no avail, only the sound of clicks and Fives look at his hands indicating to the stapler in his hands. 

"Ooh! That's one bad ass stapler!" Off guard, he hit the man with his own hand which held the stapler.

~*~

A fearful Ben and the rest of his siblings are now standing before the door of a vault. "Do we really have to do this?"

"Come on, Ben. There's more guys in the vault."  Luther states, ignoring how scared his brother felt about his own powers. 

 Ben slightly turned to Doll with a pleading expression, her being the only one able to understand why he didn't want to do it. 

With a frown she shook her head, mouthing 'Just this once'to him. He sighed as he turned around. "I didn't sign up for this." 

Shortly after, Ben stepped in he unleashed the monster housing inside him, the tentacles throwing the robbers around, ripping them to pieces, blood spilling everywhere.

After it's done, a blood smeared Ben stepped out. On first look some could never imagine him to be the cause of it, he was a gentle and shy soul.

"Can we go home now?"

They walked outside, waiting for their fathers arrival as reporters and police sorounded them.

Their father now present, they all took place at his left, Doll beind Ben and next to Klaus, her small frame almost not seen.

"Our world is changing. Has changed. There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted seven such children. I give you the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy."

The wildly clicking of cameras starts and the questioning of news reporters overlapping. "Mr. Hargreeves! Mr. Hargreeves. Channel 9 News. What happened to their parents?"

Hargreeves turned to the woman, "They were suitably compensated."

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?" 

"Of course. As I am for the fate of the world."