♦️ 2 ♦️

"Wish I wasn't sad all the time."

Y/n's POV:

"Would you like some tea before we start?" Dr. Paige asked, gesturing towards the steaming kettle on the tray.

Politely I shook my head, not really thirsty. Dr. Paige was a little older, maybe in her early forties. Her hair was a silver grey, one of those colors that millions of teenagers wanted to dye their hair. It complimented her tanned native skin, the beads she wore around her neck made in Mexico. Her eyes were this deep brown, a honey color to them when the sunlight swam in them just right.

"Anything new since our last session? I know you said Florence from the coffee shop was flirting more." My therapist had an amused smile on her face, reminding me of the mother I wish I had.

I blew out a small breath, throwing one arm over the back of the couch to be more comfortable, "Uh, well, I don't have to deal with that asshole Dale anymore. He fired me and then I got evicted from my apartment."

"Oh, y/n!" Paige gasped, clearing her throat whilst scribbling down a few things, "Do you have anyone you can stay with?"

"No." I mumbled, "Maybe Florence." I half heartedly joked but the atmosphere was still tense and I hated it. It felt like I was being choked.

Paige laughed lightly and a small smile tugged up my lips, "Have you been taking your medication?"

My smile flipped down into a frown while I avoided her eyes. I heard her sigh to herself and it made the guilt in me rise even more. I know I should be taking my medication, but I hated swallowing pills.

"I don't like taking them." I mumbled.

"They do help."

I nodded loosely, "Feels more like they suppress my emotions."

"More so keep them in check. You'll have your mood swings or days where you just want to stay in bed less often." Paige smiled softly.

"I'll start taking them." I grunted, knowing it was what she wanted to hear.

My therapist nodded, taking a few sips of her tea, "If you don't like taking the mediation, maybe getting out-"

"That'll be easy, I'm basically sleeping on the street." I snorted.

Paige sighed, "What I was going to say, was maybe getting out and hanging with some friends can help. Meet new people, have new experiences. Try the dating scene when you're ready. I'm not trying to pressure you into anything."

"Are you just trying to set me up with Florence?" I teased.

Dr. Paige held her hands up in defense, chuckling, "No, no! But, I'd say go for it. She seems to like you and she might be good for you."

"And what if she isn't?" I mumbled quietly, hesitantly while my breathing increased, "What if she hurts me?"

"You can't live your life with a blanket of fear wrapped around you. One day you'll have to shed the layer. Maybe she hurts you, and you'll be upset and emotional about it and that's okay. Being hurt, doing the hurting, it's all a part of life." She shrugged, taking another sip of her tea.

"I met someone yesterday." I said, sitting up further on the couch, "Well, she ran into me and then kinda dragged me away."

"This is good!" Paige smiled, "Who is she?"

"She said her name was Harley Quinn."

"Like the Harley Quinn?" Paige asked, trying to get a clarification.