CHAPTER 9

Shawn couldn't help but feel worried because it's almost midnight and yet the NXT Superstars were still not back.

"Where are they?"

Kayden kept contacting but frowned, "There's no signal here."

Timothy growled, "Aren't we going home yet?"

"We're not going until all of them came back," Shawn announced making Timothy groaned in frustrations.

"I heard that they're going to Bobby's Ancestral home," Kacy break silence as Dominik immediately took his phone.

"I'm going to find a signal. I just hope someone brought a phone with them."

-

"BROOOO WAKE UP!" Matt Riddle slapped Fandango which the latter winced in pain.

"Why did you slapped me?!"

"Why were you sleeping here?"

"Huh? What?!" Fandango looked around, noticing that he's no longer in the mansion.

"I was...looking for a bathroom outside when I heard a dog growling on the red door...and then I saw...holy sh*t! did I just imagine things? Was it just a dream?"

Matt Riddle and Pete Dunne glanced at each other.

-

"You should hide in here sister Candice...they rarely visit this place." Nicholas dragged Candice inside the basement.

"What if they've been looking for me?" Candice asked in confusion.

"Everyone's an enemy..." Nicholas muttered quietly as he blows the candle.

-

Ruby smells the scent of a person as she attacked Breeze. Tyler doesn't know what to do, he's strong and yet the girl still manages to hold him down. He used his camera and the light blinded the little girl. Tyler crawled his way out of the room when the girl started to run after him.

Breeze thought it's his last moment, but thankfully Shayna kicked the door and put the girl in a sleeper hold. Shayna saves the day! Damian Priest and Kay Lee Ray noticed Tyler, helping him on the ground.

Kay Lee Ray pinched her nose, "Who the hell are they? Why are they attacking us?!"

"More like, what the hell are they?" Damian Priest corrected.

-

Johnny frantically panicked, "Where were they? Did we got separated?"

Tommaso stomped his foot loudly, "Why is the hallway so damn dark? Didn't Bobby's not paying the electricity bill?"

"Who cares about that?" Johnny retorted.

A dog jumped at Tommaso's back, smelling him and his blood. Johnny immediately superkick it and help his best friend.

"I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS! I NEED TO FIND CANDICE!" Johnny gritted his teeth as he continues his search. Tommaso did a fairytale ending at the dog before he runs after Johnny.

-

Kyle and Tegan stumbled on a mini library after running from the 'dogs.' They panting heavily, catching their breath. Tegan carefully examines the place, the room was filled with old books.

"Kyle...help me find an old album." She muttered, the class picture was still on her hand.

Kyle nodded his head, searching for it.

"We're going to find an answer to this."

-

Io's walking in alert when she collided with Dakota Kai who's shaking in fear. Io was about to ask her what happened when they noticed Shayna and company walking downstairs.

At the outside, Rhea tried to calm The Velveteen Dream who's now getting insane.

"It was just a dog, Dream." Rhea reminded him, patting his back lightly. The Dream never thought he's going to experience this kind of stuff, "Dream's not lying. Dream saw it with his very own eyes. They were eating Marcel Barthel inside the red door..."

Walter hit him, "STOP JOKING AROUND THE VELVETEEN DREAM!"

"WHO SAID DREAM'S JOKING?!"

"Tell me, where did you saw it?" Walter commanded but Dream shook his head, "They're going to eat you too if you went there..."

Toni Storm and Fabian don't know what to say, there's no way they're believing such thing but they haven't seen Dream in this kind of state. Fear slowly crawls on their heart.

"I don't understand...my grandma often told me that I shouldn't open the red door no matter what," Bobby speaks out, reasoned why all of them stared at him.

"I insist to go there!" Walter announced but Dream stopped him, "Don't!"

"I'm coming with you!" Fabian added.

Karrion Kross pulled Scarlett and Dexter with him, they were the only people who know the secret of the house. They were the only people who're holding a lighted candle with them.

They run into Keith Lee as the Limitless asked, "Where are you going?"

We need to get out of here," Scarlett spoke with authority on her voice.

"THEY'RE NOT HUMANS," Karrion announced at the group causing Keith, Mia, Roderick, and Adam Cole eyes widen in surprise.