Nathan Meets Game Night pt.2

Farkle gasps in his King George costume, "You are staging an act of open rebellion on your king."

"You have left the colonies no choice but to break away from you and become independent."

"Because you're fighting for the sake of your families," Cory interjects.

"And friends."

"And family is the most important thing in the world."

"And friends."

"Riley, don't you think family should come first."

"I cannot do this right now. I am in the middle of a rebellion."

"Let's see how your little rebellion fairs against the might of the British Empire," Farkle says and Nathan can feel his eyes widen in shock when Farkle drags in a cannon.

"Woah, Farkle. Where did you get the cannon?

"From my cannon guy."

Lucas steps forward with his hand raised.

"Yes, General Washington."

"You really have to  wonder if the king wasn't so stubborn, could something have been worked  out so America would still be in the British family?"

"I don't think so," Nathan says. "Everytime the British had control of a country they lost it because they didn't care about the people under them. That's the case with most royals from history."

"Hamilton is right. A nation or a family,  can only remain united if it's leaders govern fairly and address the  needs of all of its members both old and young."

"Well, I'm not gonna. So let's get this party started. Is this thing loaded," Farkle says leaning into the cannon.

"It is now," Maya says popping up from the back of the cannon. "Happy fourth of July, everybody."

"Maya, the war hasn't even started yet."

"You're gonna love Boston," Maya says lighting the cannon.

-

"Four, five, six, and as usual I will choose the fatherhood path. Bing, bing, bing, bing, bing. And the blue square means I get a son."

"Look again, Dad," Nathan says.

Cory makes a confused sound and looks at the board before happily replying, "The blue square means I get a son."

Nathan shakes his head as his dad picks up a card, "No you don't. Farkle and Lucas own that square."

"But this is my son."

"Sorry, sir," Lucas apologizes holding his hand out for the card.

Cory scowls and places the card in Lucas's hand, but refuses to let go.

"You're holding on a little tight," Lucas says pulling. "You really need to let go, sir."

Cory and Lucas continue to pull on the card until it rips.

"Oh, great," Nathan exclaims standing up. "You killed me. Good job, Dad. Now I'm a ghost."

"Wait, where are you going," Maya questions.

Nathan crosses over the back of the sofa, "If I'm dead, I'm taking a nap."

"Take your medicine first," his mother tells him.