𝟒𝟎 - 𝐁𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐲𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 | 𝐘𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢 | 𝐁𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭

This would be the last day of Jungkook's suspension and also the last day that (Y/N) could stay home from school. But their winter break was coming up next week. But that also meant that Christmas was right around the corner.

Everyone already knew that there was an unspoken rivalry between all 7 of us to get the best gift for (Y/N). When someone announced that they were going to the store or the mall, they would get mincing scowls and occasionally even low growls.

One of the reasons that this is such a huge deal is because of our animal instincts. Animals will try to woo a female by doing all unusual things, but the crucial one is by providing for the female.

'I will surely get the best gift for (Y/N), I'll beat Taehyung and Jimin, and show them who can cherish and care for (Y/N) the most.'

"Hey Hoseok, I'm going to the mall, do you wanna come?"

Hoseok jumped up from the couch and walked over to the front door with me.

"Sure, it's been a while since me and you hanged out."

-

I drove to the mall with Hoseok, who was blasting my poor stereo with my recent album.

"So, what are you getting (Y/N) for Christmas?" Hoseok turned down the music.

"To be truthful, I don't know. I have no idea what she likes, and that's why I brought you with me."

"It's alright, we will look for the perfect gift!"

-

We walked into almost every store in the mall looking for a gift that me or Hoseok could give (Y/N). I was becoming overly frustrated at myself for not being able to find anything that would be worth even giving to (Y/N).

"Hey, Yoongi let's take a small break, we can go by the food court and get something."

Hoseok could definitely tell that I needed a break, because the last store we entered, I pestered the shit out of the workers, asking them if they had anything better than what I was holding in my hand at that moment or asking where one item was and then asking them for a different one.

I had the hardest time making up my mind about things, which lead me to be agitated and sassy. My tail was nearly going insane whipping back and forth, I'm just glad that I took Hoseok with me instead of any of the other boys.

"Look Yoongi! They have mint chocolate chip ice cream!" Hoseok screamed in excitement and ran to the stand.

'Namjoon would be offended if saw this small ice cream station; they didn't have regular chocolate.'

"Alright, wait up!"

-

We trudged back to the car after hours and hours of looking through all the stores, Hoseok found something for (Y/N), but I left the mall empty-handed and discouraged.

"It's okay Yoongi, I know you'll figure something out before Christmas, you still have a lot of time to think." Hoseok has been comforting me ever since we walked out of the doors of the last store.

All I could do was sigh, I had zero idea what (Y/N) even likes, everyone else would know what to get her, but I'm just lost.

"Hey, you know what you should do?" Hoseok was giggling.

"What?"

"You should be the present." Hoseok was clearly joking, but it was the best idea that has entered my mind this whole day.

"That could work."

'I could see that as a genuine option.'

"Wait- no, I was joking!"

Again, this was another chapter that had to go back and just question my brain. Like why?