Chapter 21, April and Lee

The time was up, Rafael and I said our last goodbyes and we allowed the doctors to enter the room. It was silent amongst all of us as we surrounded her bed, Doctor Gabriel had asked all of us to hold hands while he opened a prayer for her.

That is when I knew that life was an unfair game. You could be in the situation that no matter what you do or don't do life could be treat your right make you miserable, I guess for me it was time to accept my life as it was. My mother's death changed my mindset for the better in the sense of accepting whatever happens whether it be for the good or for the bad.

I was determined to be the best that I could be after this tragic incident because what I believed was whatever you envisioned in your head would become your reality. My vision was to fulfil my father's dreams in the interest of my own no matter what the circumstances. I am going to be the one.

In that moment of grief at the hospital, Lindiwe Mabena and Rosalià Andrews had discussed about the dockets and everything that happened over the past few months. "Alright sweetheart, are you sure you've told me everything?" Lindiwe asked looking at her, "Yes that's what happened, I didn't cause all this mess. It's sad to say but she did all this." said Rosalià shaking her head.

"Okay this is quiet perplexed because your family is wealthy, why would Natalia cause all this unnecessary trouble?" asked Lindiwe tapping her pen on the notepad, "Look, I was thinking of telling my family but I first wanted to understand why she did it. So, I confronted her, and she did it because of greed and selfishness which I just explained to you. Now I want to know from you, what is going to happen now that you know who was involved?".

"Well it's hard to tell because we are now walking on eggshells, if you don't go to prison, Natalia and Felix will go to prison or the other way round. Our options are these, it's either you pin everything on Felix and make sure you find ways to disassociate yourself from him with an agreement to take the fall with a bribe to the judge to offer him a shorter sentence." Lindiwe explained as she jotted down her notebook.

"I like that last one more, so how many years are we talking about?" Rosalià asked, "Judging by these dockets they look a lot." she said before creeping in closer to her as she whispered, "I'd say fifteen years minimum, unless the dockets go missing then the case could be withdrawn.". Rosalià gasped in surprise, "How sure are you that will work?" she whispered back.

"Do you want to go to jail child? I know these kinds of things, and Chris is a respected wealthy man. He'll definitely find a way to protect his riches and family." Lindiwe replied in a low tone. "Okay fine go ahead. So, are we done here or what's going to happen?" Rosalià asked, "What's going to happen now is that Sergeant Dudley is going to ask you a series of questions. Try to be strong and do not fear him, deny any accusations he places against you because we've got this okay?" asked Lindiwe looking straight into her eyes as Rosalià nodded in assurance.

"Good, tomorrow I'll have an update for you." Said Lindiwe as she packed her belongings before leaving the room. A few minutes passed by in silence, but the sounds of her breathing seated in the room alone.

Preparing herself for the worst she heard footsteps approaching the metal door in front of her. The door opened wide to her surprise was Felix disguised as an officer, "Rosalià, come with me quickly the sergeant is on his way here, we need to escape quickly." he said widening the door as she stood up and quickly walked to him.

Rosalià was bewildered by the sudden occurrence of what was happening as they walked through past the officers through the endless turns and corners of the station. Everything seemed fine as they kept walking and as soon as they were approaching up came Sergeant Dudley.
"Hey, where do you think you are going?" Dudley asked with a couple documents carried in his arms, he was a giant overlooking Rosalià and Felix blocked by his stature. While they were blocked by Dudley, Natalia on the other hand was panicking at the Andrews mansion.