036.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
——

⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
.*・。. AN ODE TO CLARK KENT .*・。.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

036.
GUIDING LIGHT.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

——

   Lois cursed, pulling the phone away from her ear as the familiar voicemail sounded. She hung up as the tone chimed, "No— she's still not answering."

   Everyone in the car heaved a sigh. Their shoulders sagged, and they listened to Lois try and dial the number again. She knew that the phone had been switched off; it didn't even ring anymore, it just kept going straight to voicemail. If the phone was on, then she was dodging Lois' calls as quickly as they came through — which, they doubted. It was definitely turned off.

    "I can't believe that my own daughter thinks I've been the one to commit all these ritual, human sacrifices..." Chris rubbed his face.

    "I can't believe you're not committing ritual sacrifices."

Matthew and Chris shot Isaac a look.

He shrugged.

"I can't believe you two have been working together this entire time and didn't tell us," Lois mumbled, throwing her phone to the side. Allison wasn't going to pick up; that much was clear, so what was the point in trying? There wasn't one, not that Lois could see.

To say she was bitter would have been an understatement. Lois was pissed. Hadn't they thought that telling the kids that they were working in a covert operation to track down the Darach would've been a good idea? One that might have benefitted everyone in the long run? Apparently not. Because Lois and Isaac had to find out in an almost attempt to murder Chris Argent before he murdered Matthew Lane — thinking he was the one to be committing ritual sacrifices — and Allison was likely already on her way to save Mr Westover (who Lydia had told them was now missing) from Chris' assumably murderous clutches. When, really, Chris wasn't the one they were looking for and, rather, he and Lois' father had been on the hunt for the Darach since the first batch of sacrifices.