Chapter 2: When It All Started

Before I knew it summer had come. I was so thrilled that sophomore year was finally over. No more papers, no more reading assignments just me and all the things I love to do.

I have known leti for a very long time. She moved into the neighborhood when she was around 13 and I was 15. We never really hung out much except after school to play kick ball or street football. But the summer after sphomore year had changed that for us. She would call me everyday to go and hang out. We would sit and talk or watch movies or do whatever came to mind that day.

Soon we would talk to eachother about anything, the good and the bad. We always listened to eachother and gave the best advice we could. Our friendship was growing stronger, it felt like she was the sister I never had.

During the week days my dad would usually make me come home around 8:00pm. Usually after I came home and got settled leti would call me and we would about random stuff for hours. But it started to get a little interesting.

She would always get tired and start to fall asleep on me, but instead of hanging up she asked her older brother Jose if he wanted to talk to me. I am assuming he said yes because all I heard her say was "Well I am going to bed, talk to my brother." At first I had no idea what to say. I had only seen him around her house and maybe said two words to eachother. The next thing I heard after that was " Hello " and I all I could gather to say back was "Hey."