Chapter 6: In Love

It all became easier after that. Everyone learned that I was dating the guy next door. To my surprise my family was accepting. I was scared as to what they would think at it was a relief to find that they were okay with it. I guess dating at the age of seventeen wasn't so bad even though I was a year older than him. That did not bother me at all, 1 year didn't make a difference in my eyes. 

We starting going out on dates, mostly to the movie theater. Each and every day we spent together we got closer. He was learning about my past and I was learning about his. Every weekend I would spend the night at his house. We would stay up late watching forensic files and asking each other more questions, even questions regarding the future of our relationship. Sitting on that couch with just him and I was total bliss; talking about anything and everything.

I finally felt like I mattered. There was someone out there that thought I was special. Knowing he cared about me just as much as I cared about him made me feel on top of the world. It is easy to fall in love with someone but it can be hard for that person to love you back.

I am pretty sure I fell in love with him first but it was not long before he felt the same.