Chapter 4: When He Asked

The moment I had been waiting for finally arrived.

The moment he said " do you want to be my girlfriend?". I was taken back a bit and had no idea how to respond. I know in my heart this is what I had been waiting for but after what I have been through with guys I was scared and reluctant. I was so in shock that all I could say was let me think about it. After that I felt like and idiot. I have had a crush on this guy forever and he finally asks me and I say let me think about it. What is wrong with me was all I could think after that.

During this whole time my Ex was trying to get back with me. He was the only guy I ever knew that actually cared about me. We had known each other since third grade. It would be a risk trying to date this new guy when I had no idea how he would treat me. But the things I went through with my ex made me want to try something completely new and different. 

A few days later I gave him my answer. I said " Yes I will be your girlfriend." At that moment adrenaline and excitement spread through me as a wave of uncontrollable emotion. I was trying to control my happiness with out making it look obvious, but i'm sure he could tell how happy I was inside. He really had just made my dream come true. 

What would come of this new realationship I had no idea, and what would happen next was something I did not fore see.