Chapter 3: The Crush

It was strange at first because I didn't know what to say. I was really shy when it came to talking boys. Boy usually did not waste their time with talking to me. Usually the pretty girls were the object of their attention; I have never been known to be one of the " pretty" ones. Being ignored was something I had become accustomed to. I enjoyed talking to him. Soon this became a regular thing. Leti would get tired and hand the phone over to Jose. We would talk for hours, even all night sometimes. I really felt like he was trying to get to know me as a person and not judge me based on the way I looked. He would ask question after question and all I could think about was why does he care. Never the less I continued to answer his questions. 

As the following days came I kept spending more and more time haning out with leti. But the strange thing was that her brother Jose started to hang out with us as well. We would entertain our selves with whatever we could come up with. Movies, Video games, board games and even water balloon fights. The three of us would spend all day together and then I would end my night by talking on the phone with Jose.

This continued all through summer.  I can't remember a time in my high school years that I had felt this happy. Eventually all I wanted to do was go over to see him. I would try and dress cute and put on my best make up in hopes that he would think I was cute. I think that is when I realised I was starting to develop a major crush on this guy. I am pretty sure I felt that the minute I saw him but I was in denial with myself and his sister. Eventually she started questioning me. She would always ask if I had a crush on her brother. Of course I did not want him to find out so I always told her no. One day I came to terms with my feelings. It was confirmed within in myself  that I definitely had a crush on him.