·𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦·

Tennis Ball x Golf Ball
Humanized, and they have arms (for once).

25th July 20XX
Dear Diary,

It's been a while since last time TB actually texted me. He told me he was too busy and he needed to do his part time job. I mean, it's a part time job! Why doesn't my best friend have time for me? We were supposed to hang out, like he promised! It frustrates me! Like, i-is he hanging out with another girl behind my back?? No, I-I don't think so.. Why am I bothered about that anyway!? He's just a friend! Just a platonic, cute friend.. No! Why would you think that? Ugh, It's so annoying! He's not texting me back. I text him, asking if he wants to get ice cream with me, and just have a little teeny bit of time for me, but no! He doesn't!

I just wish, maybe, he would stop acting so distant. This isn't the Tennis Ball I know.

26th July 20XX
Dear Diary,

I'm actually getting really upset. I asked him if he wanted to hang out with me, I even begged, and he said he was really sorry and didn't have time to hang out with me. He was just about to leave, but I grabbed his arm. Why won't he open up to me? I know his part time job isn't that long. I cried hysterically, I begged him to tell me why he's being so distant. He doesn't really say anything. His face shows nothing but guilt. He wouldn't open up to me. His best friend? Why?

27th July 20XX
Dear Diary,

My birthday is tomorrow. I still don't understand why he's being so distant. I love him, more than a friend. I know that, because I asked Leafy how it feels to love someone. She told me everything that I feel with TB. I want him to be happy with me, and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I broke down in front of Leafy, crying about why he was being so distant, and the fact that I'm so clueless about it. She hugged me, and told me that maybe he was busy. She reassured me that he does care about me. I guess that helped a little bit.. I asked her how she was doing with Firey, just to try and change the atmosphere a bit.

She told me that they were still in a quarrel, and that he didn't want to try and fix the friendship. She was upset about it. She told me she loved him but it doesn't seem like he loves her back. Somehow, she still manages to keep calm and stay happy... Even though her crush doesn't like her back? Maybe, I could try get some advice from her. So I asked her how she manages to maintain a happy-go-lucky mood, even though Firey was acting like that towards her. She told me to understand that maybe they need some time away. And that not everyone will like you, you will just have to accept that. She also told me that she'll lose some, and get some. I feel so bad. Maybe I could try and take advice from her mood?

28th July 20XX
Dear Diary,

I can't believe it... He was...

No, I won't spoil it for you, diary, I'll tell every single detail.

It all started when I was walking around in the park. I strolled myself over to the cafe shop me and TB used to hang out in. Oh my, that was my favorite cafe shop I've loved their cookies and cakes for a longgg time. I decided to just walk in and get some of my favorite Yoylecake. I sat down, at a table.. By myself. I felt so lonely, without TB. Needle came over and got my order. She asked me why I looked so down. I told her why and she looked back at me with sympathy. She told me that maybe TB needed some space because he was busy. She said "Chin up, gorgeous." I laughed at that. I remember telling her "Bold of you to assume I'm 'gorgeous'." Oh man, that was funny! I mean, nice, but it managed to make me smile for a good few minutes whilst I was nomming on my cake.

After I had my cake, I paid the bills and left. I didn't bother saying anything after that.

I went back to me and TB's apartment. I opened the light and saw my friends. There was Leafy, Firey, Coiny, TV, Robot Flower.. and T-Tennis Ball.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GOLF BALL!"

I was surprised, TB was there too! He came up to me and asked me if I could have a moment with him quickly. I said sure, and he took me outside.

He also put a blindfold on me. I mean, I trusted him, so I let him lead the way. After awhile, we eventually stopped. He told me to wait a few seconds, and then told me to put the blindfold off, and when I took it off, I looked at the sight. Oh my, it was beautiful. It was like the places you see in the romantic movies. It was just, amazing. I was breathless. He set it up for me?! I still remember the words he told me. My heart was... pounding out of my chest, I couldn't believe it.

"Golf Ball."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for being so distant. I-I was setting this up for your birthday, I'm sorry I made you think otherwise."

"I..."

"Do you like it? I spent a week or so on this scenery. I had to find the right place, the right colors you like, I made all the decorations, and I set the table up myself." He paused, "D-Do you like it..?".

I was blushing madly by then, he did all this for me? I couldn't believe it. I was taken away by how amazing the place looked, there were lamps hanging from the string attached from one place to another. There was a table on the cold concrete floor, with the view a night light beautiful beach. The table had a rose on it in a glass vase and two chairs with two plates and the cutlery respectively. I noticed the flowers he had grown in a plant pot next to the table. He had put a soft blanket and cushions on the chairs. The atmosphere was so dreamy, it was like a dream, a perfect dream.

"I... I love it." I felt like crying, my tears on the verge of crawling out of my eyes. It was amazing.

"A-are you crying?" He came to embrace me.

"What, n-no! I-I'm just overwhelmed" I said, hugging him back. I started sobbing a bit, "I just thought you were a-avoiding me because I've been invading your space recently.. I didn't know you were d-doing this for me.."

"I love being around you GB." He said, "I love you."

"I love you too, Tennis Ball."

We spent the rest of the day on the date that he set up for me, then announced our relationship to all my friends. They congratulated us. I felt so happy.

End

Suggested by: Leafyisawsomefyisawsome

Words in total: 1195