Chapter 9: Ellis

Ellis and I continued to see each other, now exclusively. And each time, we got to know more about each other.

Ellis would prove to be a beautiful soul. He's pure and innocent.

After having been introduced to a couple of his friends, I deemed it necessary that he get to know my friends.

Every now and then, Ellis visits me after work, and we will have dinner together, and then we'll see my friends afterwards. 

Ellis met my friends from work, from of my friends from college, and even my best friends. Everyone seemed to liked Ellis and I am enjoying how things have been going.

After a few months, and several dates, Ellis eventually asked, "Lewis, will you be my boyfriend?"

Without giving it a second thought, I gave him a big yes together with the tightest hug I could have ever given. 

That day, I became Ellis' first boyfriend, and it felt wonderful.

From then on, Ellis and I would build a lot of memories together.

Almost every weekend, we plan overnights in different Airbnb's around town. We are almost inseparable! As long as the schedule allows it, we'll definitely see each other.

Some of our most memorable dates included a concert of local artist that we enjoyed very much. To our surprise, one of the bands I introduced to him had an unannounced performance. 

The concert was in an open are and somewhere in the middle of all the fun and excitement, it started to rain.

We decided to stay, and under the gentle shower of rain and the playing of music, he hugged me. For the first time, I didn't mind what other people would think. It was the most romantic moment of my life.

I introduced Ellis to my parents. While I didn't exactly say that he's my boyfriend in fear of something similar to what happened to Austin will happen, I am pretty sure they know already.

Meanwhile for Ellis, this would be the first time that he'll come out to his parents. Lucky for us, they accepted him, and us as well. His parents were very supportive and I have been welcomed as a part of their family.

We even had a Christmas vacation together with Ellis' family in a mountain town a few hours away from home. We brought his grandparents with us, and it would be the first time for them to be there. Despite the undeniably cold climate of the area, I felt warm with their company. I was proud to be with Ellis in hosting his family for this memorable vacation.

Ellis surprised me in our first Valentine's day together. We planned a simple dinner at a restaurant near work. When we got to the place, he pulled out a bouquet of lavender, my favorite flowers. It was the first time in my life that I ever received flowers from someone.

For his first birthday together, I took him to the beach with some of our friends. 

Both of us were very amazed by how our circles are bonding very well, and how all of them are very supportive of us.

As Ellis' first boyfriend, he doesn't have a lot of experiences in a lot of things.

Shortly before being together, he admitted that he has not been kissed yet and so I will be his first kiss if ever, and that I had to teach him how he should kiss:

Upper lip.

Lower lip.

Your tongue.

Your partner's tongue.