Prologue

Hi, there! Lewis here. And yes, I am gay. To be honest, I'm not really big on the label but I guess there's no better way to say it. I'm a guy who's into guys, so there's no point denying. 

When I was younger though, I've had girlfriends - and no, not at the same time. So yeah, I did have experience courting girls, getting dumped, getting sweet yeses, getting dumped by someone who once said yes, and so on. 

I may have exhibited (and yet denied) early indications of being gay though.

I've been a fan of Boys' Love or BL for a while now, but even for one who enjoys it, I can say that an awful lot of it can just be too good to be true. Some characters being too rich, an awfully quick transition from enemies to lovers, protagonists hiding their true feelings all along. Also, a lot of the cast are just too dreamy.

Don't get me wrong, this is what the people want, and that's why these shows are popular. But there is this part of me that wanted to share to the world how it is for the average guy. Let me correct that: how it is for an average gay man. Or to be even more specific, your average gay millennial. With dating apps abound, the dating scene is definitely different now. 

So yeah, that's what brings me here. To tell you how someone like me, and probably someone like you too, go through life, search for love, find love, lose love, and then go through the cycle all over again.

I am every bit a real person so you may see flaws about myself that I may not even realize, but this is the story of my life. If anything, I'd like for you to learn from my experiences. Above all, I want you to find love, because you deserve it – we all deserve it.

Your gay millennial,

Lewis