10

────────────
* CHAPTER TEN:
GHOSTED.
────────────

FLORENCE IS LONELY.

She had grown so used to Corbyn's company everyday that his absence made her feel unbelievably alone and abandoned.

Last week, she revealed that she liked him and he freaked.

In fact, Corbyn freaked out so much that he hurriedly ran out of the bakery without saying anything. Now, a week has passed and still nothing has been said. He stopped coming to the bakery, breaking their month long record of seeing each other everyday at 5 in the morning.

It was heartbreaking at first. Florence couldn't help but think that she was just that repulsive to Corbyn. Why else would he have ghosted her?

After a few nights of crying and feeling what was quite possibly the closest thing to true heartbreak she has ever felt, Florence told herself to get over it.

She survived without Corbyn in her life for 21 years and she could do it again... right?

"Who am I kidding?" Florence whispered to herself as she rolled out dough for the new batch of cookies she was baking.

It was nearing 6am and today marked a full week without seeing or even hearing from Corbyn. It hurt, that's for sure, but Florence knew dwelling on it wouldn't change anything except make her feel more miserable than she already was.

The workday went by excruciatingly slowly. As it neared 12 o'clock, a familiar girl walked in, a bit out of breath.

"EXCUSE ME!" Ashley yells, getting odd looks from the few people in the bakery.

"Ashley? What are you doing here?" Florence asks with a confused expression, blinking quickly to clarify her vision.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU LIKED CORBYN?!"

Florence's eyes widen and she tries to shush her friend, "Keep it down!"

Ashley still looks exasperated but after Florence assists her in taking a few deep breaths, the younger girl seems to calm down a bit.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought you knew and took Corbyn's side..."

"Wait, what? What do you mean?"

"Well, it happened a week ago and neither of you were talking to me so I just assumed."

"I literally just found out and came here as soon as I could! Flor, I would never abandon you like that, no matter how stupid my brother is."

Florence chuckles and Ashley smiles, pulling her into a tight hug.

"He hates me though, right?" Florence whispers, still hugging Ashley.

Ashley pulls away to give Florence a 'really?' look and says, "No way! He was literally crying when he told me what happened. He misses you, Flor."

Florence's heart skips a beat at those words and her heart rate begins to pick up. Could Corbyn be missing her as much as she missed him?