11

──────────
* ACT THREE!
──────────

in which,

Florence and Corbyn
agree to stay friends,

but Corbyn
catches feelings!

────────────
* CHAPTER ELEVEN:
FRIENDS.
────────────

FLORENCE'S HEART STOPS THE MOMENT HE WALKS IN.

His head is hung low, as though he's ashamed, and much like the first time they met, Corbyn's face was tear-stained and puffy.

Florence couldn't speak. She didn't even know what to say if she could. She had spent over a week getting over him and convincing herself she wouldn't see him again because she ruined their friendship by revealing her crush on him, but there he was.

"Flor," he called out quietly as he stood in front of her.

From behind the counter, the girl visibly stiffened at the sound of her nickname coming out of his mouth after almost two weeks.

"Florence." He used her full name this time as she kept silent and glared at him.

"I'm sor-" he had begun to say but all of a sudden, all the anger Florence had pent-up burst out.

"You're a coward," she pronounced clearly, still glaring at Corbyn.

He let out a shaky breath and nodded, "I know. I'm sor-"

"I don't want your apology! It's not going to make up for the pain you put me through."

"I'm s- uh, right. Please just let me explain."

Grudgingly, she nodded and the two of them sat down at their regular table.

With his hands clasped tightly together, Corbyn began to speak again.

"I swear I never meant to hurt you. I was just shocked." Corbyn said, earning a look from Florence that clearly conveyed her thoughts: Really? That's the best you've got?

"I know it was cowardly of me to run out and not come back or even text you for over a week, but I needed time to think... and before I tell you what I came to conclusion of, please just know that I miss you so much. I regret what I did and I wish I could take away the pain I put you through. I should've manned up and came here straight away but I just couldn't bring myself to tell you that I do love you... but only as a friend."

Florence was quiet for a moment. Her heart ached but she wasn't surprised.

"Are you done? Because that was pretty obvious, dummy."

Despite feeling as though her heart had just gained 10 pounds, Florence managed to crack a smile at the boy sitting across from her. It was enough for Corbyn to realize he was forgiven.

"It took you over a week to realize this? I figured it out the second you walked out the door." Florence added as he scrunched his nose in shame, but her tone was now playful instead of confrontational and she smiled again.

"So... friends?"

"Friends."