08

────────────
* CHAPTER EIGHT:
ASHLEY SAVES THE DAY.
────────────

FLORENCE FELT OUT OF PLACE.

Despite how nice and welcoming Corbyn's friends were, it was quite awkward being the only girl there.

She was still laying on the sunbathing chair, but Corbyn had left her side a while ago to jump in the pool with the other guys.

It's not like they were excluding her — because they weren't at all — it was just Florence's social anxiety. She gets extremely nervous around new people, no matter how hard she tries to hide it.

It's been about an hour since she arrived with Corbyn and now, she had finished eating lunch and had no excuse not to join the guys.

"Get in here, Flor!" Corbyn yelled from the deep end of the pool for probably the fifth time since he noticed Florence finished eating.

"And don't make that excuse again! We all know waiting to swim after you eat is a myth!" Daniel adds, hands waving around in the cool water.

Florence stutters, trying to think of another excuse. Luckily, someone was here to save the day.

"Shut the fuck up and let her live, jeez!"

Florence turns around quickly and smiles happily at the sight of Ashley.

"Oh thank god you're here," Florence says quietly enough so the boys can't hear her as she gets up and hugs Ashley.

"What are you doing here?" Corbyn asks.

"Wait, how did you get in?" Jonah asks, a confused expression on his face.

"You left the door unlocked, dummy!" Ashley laughs, ignoring Corbyn's question for Florence's sake.

She lays down on the sunbathing chair next to Florence and smiles, "Are you feeling better now?"

"Oh, definitely. Thanks for coming so quickly. I wasn't sure because you literally didn't reply to my text!" Florence exclaims.

Ashley sassily replies, "Bitch, I was on my way as soon as I got your message."

Florence grins and lets out a content sigh, "What would I do without you?"

────── * ──────

60K ❤️ 1K 💬ashleymaebesson keepin' it cute ✨tagged: flor

60K ❤️ 1K 💬
ashleymaebesson keepin' it cute ✨
tagged: flor.anders