♤chapter ten♤

◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾

After the horses were retrieved by Starr, the rebels and the children set off along the back roads of the town, so as not to draw attention to themselves. A large group of children casually riding through town like...ironically...a royal procession, would definitely raise quite a few questions from the townsfolk. Alexamder spent some time explaining that they planned small attacks, little aggravations due to the lack of artillery that they had. They weren't able to do much more before, but perhaps now they could plan an actual demonstration in the open.

After a little while of riding, the carts and horses pulled over behind a block of buildings. A good lot of them looked abandi but light streamed out of the windows of one particular building, a worn sign on the back reading 'The Old Lady's Tankard'. That was the inn that Alexander and the rest of them had mentioned. One of the women explained that they would let the horses stay in the stables they had back in the woods for 'guests' of the inn. Everything seemed to have a code around here just incase someone was listening. Smart.

Being led in the back of the tavern, they were immediately met with an area simply thriving with activity, bustling and yelling and music and laughter. The place was alive. It all seemed to slowly silence as Alexander walked in with the children. Then the sounds of metal being drawn, weapons. Oh yeah, they still thought they were with the Queen. Alexander quickly tried to explain but another woman stood and told Alexander to not be so naive, that he was lucky to be alive and that they needed to detain the children until William returned.

When they were led down the corridors they expected to be thrown into some prison with cells or shackles but instead it was a nice sort of common room with a fire and some water. They were told to wait here until William returned, to help themselves to the water or the books on the bookshelf, but not to light the fire because...well...they werent trusted with that yet. Ariadne felt perosnally offended that they thought water wouldn't be a danger but they didnt know any better she supposed. So now they were here. Left to digest whatever led them to being here.

◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾

Start with everyone chatting!