♤chapter nine♤

◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾

Riding away from the castle at breakneck speed, the children made their way quickly out of the main city and to the countryside. They trotted along until dusk arrived, resting and foraging for food both for themselves and the horses. It was tempting to take all of the food for themselves but if the horses collapsed...well it would take 5 times as long to get there.

Overall it took 3 days before they had made it to the village Bailey was from. During that time alot of them jad been silent, the events of the past few days only now having the time to really sink in, especially for the royal children. This was twice now that they had walked into a throne room and had everything they knew tipped on it's head.

Now as they rode through the woods, Bailey leading and directing the horses, smoke billowed somewhere deep in the forest, showing signs of life, of a house close enough by. They all wanted somewhere warm to sleep and something sustaining to eat that wasn't plants and berries and spare snacks they found in the saddle satchels.

They finally found refuge, even if that refuge was like returning to hell for one person in particular.

◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾▫◾

Alright start with them arriving at Bailey's cabin!