Chapter Five: Nathaniel Zaken Pierce (Niel)

*1997 23rd September, Past*

It was cold. Actually no, it was freezing. The night was still young, or at least that's what Sienna thought. It was 9:34pm on a Tuesday night and Sienna was walking by a lake she had found a few months back.

Ever since she started training with Zen things have been steady. She was still without a home, but she was being fed and she was getting better at self defence. That was all she wanted at the moment.

A slightly soft breeze blew around her making her hair flow carelessly around her head as she thought about what her future could possibly be like. Will she have a future? Will she have a family? What if she gets killed? It was like a never ending list of questions running through her mind.

There were moments in time where she had actually thought of giving up her life.That was about year or two after  she  got  kicked out  by  her  so  called  mother.  Everything was going down hill for her at the time.

As she walked past the edge of the lake she heard sniffing. It sounded as if someone were crying. Sienna walked towards the location of the sound and confirmed her thoughts.

Further ahead from where she was standing, there  was  a  young  boy  probably  just  a  year younger than herselfShe couldn't see most features of his body, but  Sienna  could  just  make  out  the rope that was in his skinny arms.

That was a major warning sign to a very bad ending.

He looked at the lake in front of him before staring up at a thick branch that was strong enough to be hung. With that Sienna ran over to the boy before he could even take the first step towards the tree.

"HEY!" She yelled out causing the boy to jump in fear.

He turned to face her with tears streaming down his face and his body shaking violently. When Sienna reached him she could see faint bruises on his skin.

"Hey what do you think you're doing?" She scolded ripping the rope away from his arms.

"Give that back! It's mine!" The boy yelled through his salty tears. He just wanted out of his pathetic life. At least he thought he was living the pathetic life.

"Not until you plan on telling me what you were going to do with the rope." Sienna says as she hid the rope behind her back.

The boy began to hesitate as he stared at her. Who was she thinking that she could just come out of no where and save him. No one could save him from his faliure.He knew that he had nothing to live for ever since tonight.

"That is none of your business Miss. Can I please have my rope back?" 

"I already told you, tell me what you want to do with it."