a race for the flag

I stood in the field, Yuta's hands around my wrists as he whispered in my ears

"Close your eyes and let it go."

All my life I thought that maybe allowing myself to think deep thoughts was bad but apparently it wasn't. Yuta had tightened his arms around my wrists and told me to think about my deepest darkest secrets.

"How angry are you?" he asked and I stiffened. "Let it go and ignore your fears. Let it go."

Every time he told me to let it go, my mind went back to the way I ended up on the streets. My mother telling me she was suffering but she had no choice—she had two children to take care of. Her begging for them to stop touching her because she hated it.

"Put down the bottle!" she once screamed to a man and we walked in just in time for him to slam her on the bed. I gulped, my hands trembling when a surge of power erupted from my arms and an energy shield began to form.

"Good girl," Yuta told me but he spoke too soon and both of us flew into the air at the power of my shield, falling onto the ground and rolling multiple times when he grabbed me to stop me from moving. "Good girl."

He repeated it as if it would help but all I could do was cry.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My whole body hurt when I made my way back to my dorms and all I could think of was to have a good rest. The whole day of practicing control over my energy shield, all I could think of was trying to find ways to direct the shield towards places that I wanted. Whatever happened, Yuta's way worked and I found myself being able to conjure up shields when I wanted to by the end of our third hour.

Yuta lazily deflected my shield anytime I sent it his way, the male mastering the ability to stop my energy disks halfway. As I trudged up the stairs, I heard a loud sound just to see Lee Haechan standing in front of our room with Lee Jeno looking gruntled by the male.

"I'm saying, all I want is a name!" Lee Haechan yapped, a squeal sounding from what seemed like the back of Lee Jeno's cloak. When I reached them, I saw that Lee Jeno had an abnormally large ass. "Kim Bunny! Get out from Lee Jeno's cloak—"

"I mean.... All I wanted was to give her the glass of milk and now I'm being used as a shield?" Jeno asked, stepping away when Kim Bunny wailed, Lee Haechan finally reaching down to grab her ankle and pulling her forcefully from Jeno. "I'm off—"

"NO! NO, JENO!" Bunny wailed. "Don't leave me!"

"Oh, don't be dramatic. Give me a name!" Haechan demanded.

"Suzy and Amanda!" Kim Bunny gasped out loud making Haechan glare at her.

"Suzy is a blue and Amanda is a green," he pointed out. "The girl I want is a yellow!"