compromise

2 days after

2 days after

"Yuta just wants to play with your mind," Dana said, everyone in the room gathered by my bed. On the bed were two boxes that had been opened and laid on the bed were two dresses.

One red, from Jeffrey.

One emerald green, from Yuta.

The red was flowy, a sweetheart v-cut with off-shoulder sleeves.

The green was long and elegant with spaghetti straps and made of... you know it. Silk.

"When he wanted a tutu, I got scared but that red dress looks good," Jeno said from behind the three of us. He had now merged into our bedroom and no longer left my side. For his sanity, he told me. It was for his sanity. "Why would Yuta send you a dress?"

"Formalities," I quickly answered, Jeno looking like he didn't buy it.

"You're not two-timing, are you?"

Technically, I was.

"She is," Dana answered and I turned to look at her, the female shrugging. "But with permission."

"What does that mean?" Jeno asked.

"It doesn't mean anything because I'm not two-timing." I looked back at the dresses. "Definitely not. You know Yuta. He knows I'm going with Jaehyun and he just wants to rile Jaehyun up."

"So, why are you even thinking? Just wear Jaehyun's dress."

But it was complicated and only us girls knew that, Bunny reaching out to touch the dresses before giggling.

"Pretty." She turned to me. "You're in trouble, Shin Aera."

I nodded when Jeno mumbled something under his breath.

"Wait, Jeno," I began, looking at Jeno who looked around. "Is there another Jeno here?"

"No, but I was hoping there was. That tone already screams trouble."

"How good are you at fashion?"

"Uh..."

"Jeno can cook and stitch and clean," Bunny piped up and Jeno tugged on one of her pigtails. "Ow! What? It's true!"

"With the help of magic, I bet we can mix these two dresses up and make it into something pretty. Oh, I have fake flowers and fabric from the last three dresses," Dana began going and grabbing a bunch of dresses before throwing me an extra green dress. "That was some bitch's dress from last year."

"Dana attacked her because she tried to flirt with Johnny," Bunny told me.

"Alright, Jeno. This is it. I want it to look like this," Dana said, beginning to draw when Jeno grumbled, telling us he didn't understand why we were trying to make me a new dress when I could just wear Jaehyun's pick. "You don't need to understand. Come here."

In ten minutes, Jeno was threading a magical string through the needle, whispering to himself as he began to make the needle stitch itself. Both dresses were shining a dull blue, Jeno's spell making it glow with energy and I laughed when Bunny asked Jeno if he could also stitch her new dress.

He had no choice and after six hours of stitching and a lot of yelling, the dress was done.

"Wow, Jeno! Marry me!" Bunny squealed as the dress was placed in front of us carefully, Jeno shaking his head and chuckling. As much as he complained about the hours that had passed, Jeno looked proud.

"Is it weird if I say that I'm rather happy with the result?" Jeno asked and Bunny nodded, bouncing up to him. Jeno took a step back from her, Bunny tackling him. "Bunny, your leg!"

"One dress for me, too!" She chirped, Jeno rolling away from her when Dana narrowed her eyes at the blue.

"Me too." She ordered and Jeno blanched.

"Aw, man. What did I get myself into?" He whispered.

__________________________________________________________________________________________