the proposition of jung jaehyun

Nakamoto Yuta was evil

And he didn't try to hide it.

"Jung Jaehyun deserves to be broken in the worse way possible," Nakamoto Yuta began to say and I stepped backward to put space between us. "He's hot-headed, competitive, a good-for-nothing man who hides behind a façade of kindness and authenticity. Integritas. Troublesome, all of them."

He seemed to be in his own mind, Yuta turning away from me for a moment while he droned on about Jung Jaehyun. I sighed, not wanting to disturb his train of words. He looked like he needed a rant.

"Irritating. And that smile. With the women in Integrita, it's Jeffrey this. Jeffrey that."

Sounded like Nakamoto Yuta was simply jealous of whatever Jung Jaehyun had but the foreign name made me blink, turning to ask him who Jeffrey was.

"Jung Jaehyun. That's his nickname. He lived in Amerika for four years and came back with a nickname. Jeffrey is what they call me in Amerika, Mother!" Nakamoto Yuta's voice rose an octave as he mimicked what seemed like a child's voice. "You should all call me Jeffrey now!"

He scowled, running a hand through his hair while I simply watched him.

"He can't deceive me," Nakamoto Yuta said lowly.

I wondered what went wrong between Yuta and Jaehyun. If my memory served me right, both of them were head boys of their house. Was it a war between colors? Did something go wrong throughout the process of their schooling?

"Did I tell you we're stepbrothers?"

"Shouldn't you have told me that before you told me anything else?" I asked back, Yuta giving me a stare that came off cold but I was sure it was just the way he looked.

"Does it matter? I hate him and that's that." Yuta's tongue poked out the side of his cheek before he smiled. I noticed that he had such a bright smile but there was something deceiving about it—like he didn't mean it. "So, this is what I want you to do. I want you to make him fall in love with you. When he does, I want you to turn him down and break him. You know what they say, nothing hurts a person as much as loving someone who doesn't love you back."

"You want me to make him fall in love with me and then break his heart?" I clarified, Yuta nodding before taking a step forward. He reached out to tilt my chin up, his thumb rubbing my skin in soft circles.

"That's precisely what I want you to do, Shin Aera. I want Jung Jaehyun crying on his knees, begging you to love him," he sighed. "You remind me so much of her. She was a blue, just like you—"

"Who?"

He didn't answer my question, Yuta quirking up an eyebrow to turn my face to the side like he was trying to remember how I looked like. His proposition was enticing. I always wanted to see how it was to break people and the idea of control was tempting but I didn't like this kind of control.