chapter, 𝟎𝟑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 —𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘

Look I know this one is the hardest District for you but please, Ophelia.. Don't let your emotions take over. ❞

𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐘

─────────────────────

AFTER THE SPEECH IN DISTRICT 11 everything changed from how I behaved around people. I started to become paranoid about President Snow watching clearly every move I make. I can't risk another mistake for the sake of Ace, Gale and everyone back home.

Me and Cato never really talked in private after we left District 11, all we did is put on a show whenever we're on stage in the different Districts. I wish I could ask him what happened after the Games, but I told myself not to because it doesn't matter anymore.

We are damned to play the role of lovers for the rest of our lives even though we don't speak to eachother and I have a boyfriend back home, hell maybe he has a girl waiting for him in District 2.

I kept the act up very well during the tour. That changed when we arrived in District 4.

Percy's District.

I decided to wear a dress of shades of blue to represent Percy and Flavius styled my hair in a sleek ponytail, adding the whitest pearls as a necklace.

I take in the fresh air, mixed with sea salt and the scent of sweet plumeria flowers fills my lungs once I stepped out of the train, following Haymitch to the car.

I stayed quiet the whole time, even when we arrived at the District 4's Justice Building. Suddenly Cato pulls me to the side while I hear the mayor of the fishing District speaking on stage.

I spot Haymitch glancing at us while he stands there with Effie, Brutus and Nikita.

"Look I know this one is the hardest District for you but please, Ophelia.. Don't let your emotions take over."

I just look at him blankly, showing no emotion since we arrived here. I just nod before leaving him behind and walking over to the others.

"Here are your cards, for Olivia and.. Percy." Effie hands me a pair of cards like she does in every District. I look down at them, biting down on my lips as I read the part for Percy through.

The Odair family is a close friend to the Capitol and we can't thank you enough for all your sacrifices for Panem. Our great Victor Finnick Odair has lost a brother and we're here to sent our grief to the Odair family.

We thank the Capitol for sending support to get through this hard time.

I look at Effie, glaring at her. This is what Percy was talking to me about. He felt like no one understood him, in that very moment I finally did.