17. The next chunin exam

The dinner party Himawari has arranged for the Lord seventh just had finished. Himawari was helping Hinata along with Sakura and Ino arranging all the table equipment while the others have their little chat outside the yard.

Boruto still holds a grudge since this morning, Sarada hasn't changed the fact a week of punishment for not letting him in the house.

He begged for the whole day still didn't get her to change her mind. He was being grumpy to everyone except for his mom, sister, and definitely his girlfriend

What made him annoyed more that his dad borrowed her for a while, he was left alone in a corner. Inojin tried talking to him but Boruto refuses and he just went to help Himawari with the other chores.

Sasuke was just sitting on a one-man sofa, sipping his tea while his eyes close. Guess that maybe he was just listening to the sound in his surroundings. Sai went off after the dinner party, to the office to do his unfinished task.

Boruto kept his arms cross, that pouting face while he stared at the two figures across him. Sarada and Naruto were talking, guests that maybe something so Important because the talk it privately...

Why is she still refusing me?! I always slept there all the time?! I can't really, really, really accept this! What if someone will take advantage of me not being around? Nah, she would kill them with one punch... what if she gets lonely? Yeah, that's it! I'll convince her this time!

__________

"We'll be again having the second Chunin exam this year in next month. Nothing to worry about all the stages, I already got your uncle Sai to work on it! But this time, still the same, you and Shikadai Nara take the lead of the guarding."

"Yes, lord seventh... but Uhm..."

"What is it? You feel so hesitant?" Naruto wondered

"Have you... told the Mizukage about what happened in the last exam? I don't want any problems that include Boruto this time, I haven't had a word with the Mizukage myself, I still feel uncertain to go with this if the matter last time hasn't been solved properly..."

A wild smile form Naruto's face, "You don't need to worry, the Mizukage himself said that we don't need to worry about the kids' matters... all you need to do is like what you did last time, entertain Kagura or better yet, make Boruto apologize to him with sincere... never really heard that he ask for an apology, but that doesn't bother me most cause Kagura didn't complain about it either. Weird really but I think we want things good as it used to be,"

He was assuring his successor. For a second thought, Boruto never did apologize to the Mizukage's successor. Nor even sent an apology letter.

He didn't attempt to even try to be friendly from the last day of that chunin exam. Even thou he had the time to go and apologize, he was suspended for a month.

But the fact is, he never did ever thought of apologizing, his head was busy thinking how to talk to her. She was avoiding him, not talking to him, nor even glancing at him.

He was devastated, his heart was painfully hurting, and all he could do is sulk alone in his room and think about her, literally think of her all day long.

Sarada didn't know how to convince that dimwit to take the initiative to make friendly contact with Kagura again.

"Then I'll try, lord seventh. But I can't make any promises." She firmly agreed

He awkwardly giggled, "sorry about him thou, as his father I'm apologizing for his reluctant behavior but you're the only one that can talk some senses to him, he would only ignore Hinata and Himawari if they do so," he scratches the back of his head

"By that, are you suggesting that I can hit him in the head if he doesn't listen? Are you permitting me to do it, lord seventh?" She was teasing,

Of course, she knew that even if Naruto didn't pay attention to Boruto, he still cared for his dobe son, even if the sky isn't his limitation

"Go easy on him thou, he wasn't pampered like this before, he'll get spoiled!"

__________

"Boruto." A deep voice call beside him, Sasuke was walking down to him. Guess he had finish sipping his tea

"What is it, Sasuke sensei?" His attention shifted from them to the man walking towards him, Sasuke stops exactly just one foot before him

"Congratulations, for now, my daughter hasn't yet complained about you except how idiotic you are." He said coldly

"Come on, sensei! She will not complain!" He assured the elder

"Don't be so full of yourself, it still 7 months to go before the end of our deal. The real game is just getting started!"

"I'm fully confident about her, and there's no way she'd complain about anything. Besides, I did everything in best for her, I did what I think that's always the best I'm assured that-"

"Don't be cocky! The second Chunin is coming in a month, you didn't think if I heard you had a rival before."

That reminds him, Kagura. So he will be coming back here, his genins going to participate and he was the guide again this time.

What an unfortunate time, he was planning those remaining months on how would he propose to her but guess that he had to set aside that plan and make sure that Kagura wasn't going to keep hitting on his girl, not on his watch.

"Pff* she doesn't have interest in him!" He played cool, but his face couldn't hide his worries

"You're on your own, I'm not helping you if she changes her mind."

"Oh, come on sensei! Be supportive sometimes, I can't always will against all of her admirers if even her dad isn't supportive to me at all!" He whines

"My support is only given to my wife and daughter, there's nothing left for you!"

"How about grandchildren?"

Sasuke looked at him with wide anger eyes, "you're not going to-"

"Come on, we have to plan about it soon too!"

"If I have two arms, I'd strangle you to death! If Sarada doesn't like you, you'd be talking towards your grave!"

Boruto waves his hands in mid-air, he steps back. He was so sure his sensei was angry this time, try not to be slice by his katana...

A/N: Hello readers😁 I'm sorry to say this but I'll be taking a rest for a week, that means there's no update for 7 days...

I just caught a fever last night and my friends said that I need rest. My jaw was numbing which means I'm stress. I'm having some frequent headaches because of stress and too much use of my mind😅

But I'll be somehow drafting in my rest, I still need to plan properly. Things in the story didn't work on my original plan😅 it always changes if I think of something greater...

Yet again, I'm sorry but I'm not planning on leaving this story unfinished... besides, I'm planning another story after this😉

See ya' next week then!👋