eight

renjun

more days passed, i couldn't take it anymore. if she have to kill me- but can't, then i'll have to do something, myself.

i took the small pocket knife from my drawer and walked to my bed, where hyejin is sleeping. i sighed at the sight of weak hyejin. i layed beside her, studying her features. i brushed my hands on her face making her move a little, still asleep. i took my phone on table beside my bed and dialed my sibling's number, "hello?" just her voice made me wanna cry, knowing i'll be leaving her- them, sooner or later. i gulped "hey, sweetie, it's renjun" i said, choking in my words "yes, why did you call? are you okay?" she asked, i nodded tho i know she cant see me "yes- totally. i just- wanted to hear your voice, can you put mom and dad on the phone?" i asked her as i heard footsteps from the other line "what is it, my son?" i heard my mom, and thats it, my tears fell from my eyes "mom- mom i- mom i miss you" i uttered as she chuckled "i miss you too, son" she said "yes we miss you" i heard my dad yelled, my little sister laughed making me smile "mom, thank you- for everything, really. i love you so so so much, mom- sis and dad, i love you all. take care always, thank you guys" i quickly hung up and threw my phone out of the window so that no one can contact me anymore.

i looked at hyejin, and she was already looking at me. she sighed "i already told you- i wouldn't kill you" she said, "why not?" i asked her, looking deep into her eyes "i want to live longer-" i cutted her off "liar" i said making her looked at me surprised "w-what? what are you saying? who wouldn't want to live long-" she was stuttering, i cutted her off again.

but this time, with a kiss.

it was short, but it felt very genuine. this is so crazy, i lived as a mafia- a killer. i met a demon, became friends with her, became more than friends with her- and now i'm gonna die on her hands. but the crazier part is that, i'll have to force her to do it. can you believe it? a demon was IN LOVE? a demon? a demon had FEELINGS? how crazier this lifetime can even get? i looked at her straight in the eyes as she leanes forward for another kiss, she cupped my face as i snaked my arms around her waist.

she pulled back after seconds, "how i wish this would never end-" i cutted her off, taking her hand from my cheeks down to my waist, "let's do this again- but in our better selves, and in better a better situation" she looked at me nervously, sensing that something's wrong.

"let's do this again, in another life" i pushed the knife to my side, still holding her hand.