six

renjun

i saw and heard EVERYTHING, from the snapping of her fingers to the burning of her hands. and killing me. i sighed, she couldn't dare to look at me in the eye. i watched her burnt hand turn normal and cupped her face, "hyejin, who- no, what are you?" i bluntly asked her as her dark eyes are starting to lighten up again, but not completely. she sighed, removing my hands from her face and looked down "i'm a- uhm- psychopath-" i cutted her off "lies, i saw that talking fire earlier and this-" this time, she cutted me off "he's my father- well not biologically and also, the psycopath thing isn't a complete lie" she said, fidgeting her feet and still not looking at me.

she turned her head to me, gulping "i really shouldn't be saying this to you but- you're gonna die anyway, even if not in my hands, my father will totally get you killed within a split second. but anyway, i was just a human like everyone else before" she said, looking up in the sky, starting to lighten as the sun is rising "but i wasn't normal" she said raising her hand and covering the sunlight hitting my face. she turned her head to me, "i was a psychopath" she said as tears are starting form in her eyes, i gulped before reaching my hand out and wiped it before it completely fall down. i cupped her face as she let her hand down, the sun light hits my skin, and put her head on my shoulder.

"i killed my parents- they were abusive, they triggered that disorder. i killed small animals like bunnies at first- i know, very disgusting, but knowing my mental health wasn't so great- they didn't care and still abused me, physically, mentally and emotionally" she was choking on her words, i could only nod and gently play with her hair "after i k-killed them, i took mine too. that was like less than ten decades ago- meaning to say, i've been killing and killing ever since. what if i add up the people i've killed being a demon and when i was a human- a monstrous and beastly human" she said, letting a bitter chuckle and wiping her face. i sighed "as you know, i'm a gang member- i've killed, alot. but what can i do? let my family die in hunger? i had no choice- actually i had, alot. but this was the fastest way, so no regrets. it's not like i kill the purest and innocent people anyway" i said, sighing "and i wouldn't meet you if i was so good and clean" i said chuckling, she then sat up straight, clearing her throat.

"promise me you wont leave me, alone" i asked her, cupping her face. but she quickly avoided my eyes "w-why would i promise- demons dont make such things-" i cutted her off "then let this one be the first" i suggested showing my pinky finger for her to take, she let out a breathy and nervous chuckle "i dont have to promise- i'm here, right here, right now-" she stopped blabbing when i took her hand and hooked her pinky finger with mine. i looked at her in the eyes and smiled. her eyes are now brigther than ever, soft. her expression soften as she calmed down and smiled back "i don't really think promises are here to be kept. i believe that they are only here to make us feel better" i said, interlocking my fingers with hers.

"so don't pressure yourself on keeping this one, i just want to make the both of us feel better- i just want you to know you're worthy enough- more than enough"