A Little Frieght

You dreamt of water

You dreamt of water.

The water felt fresh, suspending you between the rocky surface and light you couldn't reach. You had this dream since childhood. The water was never cold, no light would grave your features, and there would be no one besides you.

You were so used to this that you didn't bother trying to reach the surface: you'd never make it - you never did.

The water will seep through your nose, push past your mouth, and leave you to drown.

Unfortunately, you can't control your panic in dreams.

When the water overflows your mouth you start to claw at your mouth. A serpent-like a wave seems to wrap itself around your throat, dragging its way up to your neck, and into your nose. You start to kick now, your feet making useless contractions against an invisible current.

Come back.

You awoke with a start - taking deep, heavy breaths. Your chest feels tight like your lungs had been pushed, strangled by an unknown pressure.

But you didn't. It was a dream. You tell yourself this, through a haze of lightheadedness, your hands scrunched into your nightdress so tight that a seam pulls. When you look up he's there. Sitting in the chair. He had must have come back later in the night, his body now folded in the chair, dozing at an angle that will leave a crick in his neck. Long limbs spayed out in every direction. Like a Loth-cat trying to fit in a small space; unaware of his size.

You run your eyes over his legs. So astronomically long and his thighs so strong. Well, you knew how his thighs felt. When you look up his eyes are open.

And in the low light - his eyes meet yours.

He rolls his neck side to side before relaxing into the chair. "You're breathing heavily"

"Am I? I hadn't noticed over the sound of me gasping for breath-" you'd didn't want to sound snarky, he just had a way of bringing that out in you "-Did I raise you from your sleep Commander? I wouldn't want to be a distraction" you sassed.

"It would be a welcome one..." he stretches, his shirt moving slightly, allowing you to see a glimmer of abs. "...Nightmares?"

You bed sheets have been kicked off the bed, you notice them out the corner of your eye and let the silence speak for itself.

"Do you want a distraction?" The heat of his glare telling you exactly what type of distraction he meant.

You huff, "I don't think orgasms are a cure for nightmares"

"No-" he comes to stand at the end of the bed, stroking your ankle with his fingertips "-but they used to be a cure for hysteria...and you are looking rather hysterical" he pulls your foot up to his shoulder, his tall form offering a stretch down your thigh