Chapter 8

Pagkatapos ng ilang araw ay tinotoo nga ni Gideon ang kanyang sinabi. Pinost niya ang picture namin ni Cliff sa kanyang isang IG account na naka-public. He tagged me and Cliff on the picture and within minutes, there were a flood of likes. Lots of people also commented on the post.

: Sana all!

: Hala ang swerte ni ate gurl!

: Clifford so pogi huhuhu

: Omg ba't medyo bagay sila?

: The girl's cute

I kept scrolling through the comments when I saw someone reply on one of the comments saying I look pretty.

Aidenmav: She is.

Nakita ko naman na biglang nag-dm sakin si Gideon.

Gideon:
Sabi na may magrereact eh HAHAHAHAH

Kumunot na lamang ang noo ko sabay iling.

Aiden and I have still been talking for the past few weeks although it's not as often because of school. Marami rin kasi akong ginagawa pati na rin si Aiden. Apart from academics, Aiden is also working part-time on his family's company. That's why he gets to go on business ventures with his parents and getting to handle that whilst focusing on school is a lot. On the other hand, my line of academic work is more on the physical and the digital aspect of it. Lots of running around, adjustments, meeting people, instructing poses and others. Madalas din naman kaming nagkakasalubong sa campus.

But apart from our busy schedule, he would always text me at the end of the day and we would talk. Sometimes it would last for a few minutes and sometimes it would last for a few hours. Our topics go around school, what happened in our day, up to random things really.

Also, he really did mean it when he said that he will study about photography a bit. He managed to squeeze it in his time because when I was studying for a test while he was listening, he mumbled the answer to me. Nagulat naman ako at tinanong naman kung ano pa ang alam niya tungkol sa photography. He told me and it warmed my heart. Pinaalala ko naman na kapag nagkita kami ulit ay ipapagamit ko sa kanya ang camera ko. In the midst of our talk, I also asked him about his family's business.

Between these times, I can say that we have gotten really close, much closer than before. Hindi ko nga inaasahan na hahantong kami sa ganito. Tipong halos komportable na kaming mag-usap sa iba't ibang mga bagay. We're not only study buddies, but friends. Dahil dito ay mas nakikilala ko pa siya. I have the honor to know him not as the Aiden that I admire from afar, but the Aiden up close.

At sa aming mga pag-uusap ay 'tila mas lumalakas ang boses ng damdamin ko. I thought it stayed dormant and contented – like a memory that's always going to be there. But the more I get to know him, the more it rises; the more I become aware of it again. And the more I get to see how much of these feelings are awakening.

A few weeks have passed very swiftly. Lots of academic work were done because the first semester was finally coming to an end and I cannot wait for the semestrial break. Totoo nga na iba talaga ang mararanasan mo kapag nagkolehiyo ka. It seems more tiring than you would expect because lots of requirements are being handed to you, and most of the time it's all at once. You think that just because you have control over your schedule and everything means you have more time to enjoy but in reality, you really don't. Which that makes it much harder to balance everything.

Siguro ang kaibahan lang nito sa high school na gusto ko ay ang pagpili ko ng sarili kong direksyon. When I chose this course, the subjects that we have didn't feel that heavy as compared to the subjects we have been given in high school. Because in my course, I actually enjoy the subjects and there are some subjects where it doesn't feel like school work at all. I guess that's also the fun part in courses of art, design, music, and others. Sometimes it doesn't feel like work if you enjoy what you're learning.