PopTarts and Ringpops

"Were you ever in love with him?"
They were at the beach, laying on towels, under an umbrella, facing each other.

"I cared about him and I did have a lot of love for him, but the part of me that allows myself to fall IN love has always belonged to you...." Camila explains.
"Do you still talk to him... keep in touch?" Shawn asked curiously. "It doesn't matter to me.. I.. think you should.. if you want...."

"We talk occasionally on text. He has a girlfriend and he's... doing well. I'm happy for him..." Camila smiled softly.

"Me to.. I.. I'm not proud of who I was when you were with him...I was so jealous of him. He got to kiss you and touch you and hold you..." Shawn sighed. "And I just felt so... abandoned...."

"I know the feeling..." Camila sighed, knowing how she felt when Shawn and Hailee were together. "I wish you would have told me how you felt anyway... even if you saw me with him.."

"Would it have made a difference?" Shawn asked. 

Camila sighed. "I... don't know... I think at that point I was so adamant about pushing my feelings for you over a cliff because I was worried if we got together and broke up, our friendship would end too... and I didn't want to lose you...but I ended up losing you anyway...."

"Do you still feel that way?" Shawn asked as he played with her fingers in his hands.

"Sometimes...." Camila confessed.

"If you fall... I'll catch you..." Shawn kissed her hand.

"I know..." Camila kissed his hand.

"Do you want to go swimming? I'm hot..." Shawn sat up.

"Yes you are... have I mentioned that you got super sexy while I was away... maybe I should go away more often...." Camila smirked.

"No thank you

"No thank you... you can stay... but also... for the record, you are also incredibly... sexy," he winked and held his hand out to help her up. Camila was still getting used to that.

The waves were high and one nearly knocked her over but Shawn picked up her and held her in his arms.