Epilogue

5 and 1/2 years later

5 years had passed and so much had changed and yet so much remained the same. It was pouring rain and Camila was thankful she'd worn the appropriate shoes. The sky was really letting it fall as she made her way through the rows of tombstones until she'd found the right one. There was a low rumble of thunder and she was reminded of how she used to be afraid of thunder, but a certain boy had told here there was nothing to fear.

She found the marked area and she stood so that her umbrella covered the tombstone. It had somehow begun to pour harder.
She didn't know quite what to say so she spoke out loud. There was an ache in her heart and tears were already threatening to fall.

"Hey... I know it's been awhile... but.. I just... couldn't bring myself to come..." Camila said as tears began to well in her eyes. "You always did say the rain was your favorite..." she sighed. "I miss you so much....every single day."

A woman next to her was paying her respects as well.

"Husband?" She asked and Camila nodded.

"Yes...."

"I'm.... so sorry for your loss... I lost my husband too...." she said sadly and Camila shook her head. Before she could correct the lady, someone walked up next to her in an umbrella.
"Hey, sweetheart."

"Sorry, this is my husband, I thought you were asking if I was married..." she said, embarrassed at the misunderstanding. "These are my grandparents...." Camila explained.

The tombstone had a beautiful picture of her abuelo and abuela who were buried together.

The woman nodded sadly and then walked away. Shawn wrapped his arms around his wife and kissed her cheek. 
"We miss you... so much.." he said aloud. "We wish you were here, but we know you are...."

Camila sighed  and smiled at his kind words. The rain had begun to lessen and they walked hand in hand out the cemetary.

They were here to visit their families.
"Do.. we tell them.. today?" Camila asked and Shawn nodded.

"We should..." he said smiling as he kissed his wife's hand. Her free hand cradled her stomach as they drove.

There was still so much uncertainty and so much they didn't know, but the love they had for each other never wavered.

Author's note: Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this journey! It was a pleasure to write!

Back to And Then There Was You and Flightplan updates coming mañana!