Garden Reverie

After a while, it began to near midday, and Obi-Wan and Satine were still left alone. They had spent plenty of time indoors that morning, and they finally decided to eat lunch without the others.

     However, upon sensing Satine's slight restlessness as he heated the stew Leena had brought, Obi-Wan suggested that they eat their meal outside near the garden where she could get some fresh air. 

     Finally, the two of them strolled out the back door with Leena's basket and a blanket in hand.

*****

     Satine couldn't deny the fact that she felt so content and at peace in that moment when the sunlight warmed her face. She had eaten well and was now sitting comfortably beside Obi-Wan on top the blanket. 

     Some birds flew overhead, chirping as though the couple wasn't even there. Yet, they could also hear some distant chatter from the neighbors along with a steady hum of machinery, but it was out of sight and therefore mostly out of mind.

     There was something about the moment that felt so right though. Perhaps it was their earlier conversation that was making her focus on the present alone, since Obi-Wan had quite literally kissed all thoughts of the future goodbye for the time being.

      As Satine blinked slowly, she realized now that Obi-Wan was staring at her, and while her cheeks still reddened, she felt more at ease than she had in the past in times like these.

     "What is it?" she asked softly.

     At first, he said nothing, and his eyes just skimmed her features. Finally, he reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

     "So beautiful..." he murmured.

     Alright, this time, her face flushed noticeably, and a gentle smile spread across his lips.

     She picked at the hem of her shirt for a moment, but he asked something else.

     "How are you feeling now?"

     She hummed. "Better, but I'm still..." she trailed off.

     "Tired?" he finished.

     She nodded. "Just the general fatigue that comes with being ill, I suppose."

     "Just let me know if you feel any different," he responded, though his eyes still showed his worry.

     "I will."

     He looked as though he wanted to say more, but instead, he just shifted how he was seated until he was behind Satine. She understood what he was doing, so she leaned back until she was resting against his chest and his legs were on either side of her.

      He wrapped his arms around her comfortably, and the two of them just gazed out across the fields and the garden.

     Eventually Satine closed her eyes, though she quickly reopened them as a thought flitted through her mind when a cool breeze swept by.

     "I just realized I'm still wearing your robe," she frowned, looking up at him.

     He pressed his lips to her forehead. "It's quite alright. It almost suits you."

     She let out a slight laugh. "I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that, but it is more comfortable than I expected."

     She ran a thumb across one soft sleeve.

     "Perhaps I'll have to keep this one. I noticed you have multiple," she informed him.

     He laughed too. "Isn't that too suspicious?"