chapter one.

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹  𝑶 𝑵 𝑬
❝ BUCKET ❞

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹  𝑶 𝑵 𝑬 ❝ BUCKET ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 08/04/1912.
"there was something 'bout you that now i can't remember,
it's the same damn thing that made my heart surrender."

I BREATHED IN

I BREATHED IN.
The crisp, fresh air entered through my nose and infiltrated my lungs; the lovely earthy scent of the park I was contentedly strolling through was heavy in its aroma, pushing me into a deeper peaceful state.

My eyes darted down to Bucket, my Cocker Spaniel, when she started to tug on the pink leash I was walking her with; the young dog was excited to be out of the house and out exploring the big wide world.

She wasn't the only one excited to be out of the house; I pretty much leapt at the opportunity. It was chaos over there at the moment, everybody was preparing for our upcoming trip to America; which was also a business trip for my Father.

My mother took the job of bossing everybody around and making sure everything is packed appropriately and on time, meaning she was currently being strict and constantly up me and my brother's goats about everything and anything. And then my father, on the other hand, was currently in one of his stressed-out moods that he tended to slump into before an upcoming business project and trust me when I say that he wasn't a fun guy to be around when he was in the said mood. The trip was supposed to be just originally him and my brother going over and meeting with some men, doing whatever businessmen do, and then going ahead and proceeding in further expanding his ever-growing company into the States.

My father owned a very successful clothing brand, "Valencia". Back home in Sydney, before it rose to such a sensation, it was a simple store that dabbled here and there around the state. It wasn't until 1908 that it became as big as it was present time, and in 1909 my father moved us to England so he could open new stores around the country since it would be booming with business here as well as keeping the old stores in Australia running. The name 'Valencia' had climbed the ladder of familiarity within society, and now with an extensively higher demand in 1912, my father was wanting to open a few new stores in America.