chapter six.

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹  𝑺 𝑰 𝑿
❝ MIDNIGHT ❞

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹  𝑺 𝑰 𝑿❝ MIDNIGHT ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 11+12/04/1912.
"i don't want to be your friend, i want to kiss your neck.
don't you see me? i think i'm falling, i'm falling for you."

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 nearing the end of dinner and I could surprisingly say that I actually have had a nice time so far. Jack had brought a cheerful light with him to dinner this evening, and I felt myself intrigued by his life stories. Hearing them had inspired me, how the man just did what he wanted and never took each day for granted—it had brought a new perspective to things that I had never thought of before. It was as if my soul was an unlit match that was slowly beginning to strike and set aflame.

Molly's comforting words yesterday had been the thing that had me discover the match inside of my soul. Jack's inspiring story had been the thing to get me to want to strike the match; but I wasn't entirely there yet, I just needed one more nudge in the right direction until my whole existence would be set ablaze.

I was sipping my champagne when I saw my brother's eyes fall on something behind me, and I watched as they followed whatever it was. And then he looked at me and nodded his head up slightly, indicating for me to turn around and look.

I did so and turned to look over my shoulder, surprisingly I was met with the familiar suit of an officer close behind me. I think I knew who this was. My eyes quickly trailed up to his face, and my suspicions about who it might have been were proven correct.

Harry was smiling in a professional manner down at me. I thought I was dreaming when I saw him here. I wondered what made him come all the way to the dining room from the decks.

His hand that was at his side lifted up, and in his grasp was a small slip of cardboard paper that he presented to me. "Miss Valencia, I had orders to deliver this note to you."

I glanced up at him again, muttering out an "okay. Thank you." and took the note from him. He bowed his head in dismissal, his eyes staying on mine as a slow smile tugged the corners of his lips before he took a step back and turned on his heel in the direction of the exit.

I watched him as he walked away, admiring how strong his presence was within the room of passengers.

I tore my eyes from his retreating body when I remembered about the note. He had given it to me upside down as to make sure nobody around us read what it had written on it. I turned the paper around and I instantly sought out what his hand-written note said;

MIDNIGHT.

It was only one simple word, but I understood that it meant much more than simplicity. That single word could mean so many different things to somebody who hadn't been given the context behind it.