chapter eight.

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹  𝑬 𝑰 𝑮 𝑯 𝑻
❝ I PROMISE ❞

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹  𝑬 𝑰 𝑮 𝑯 𝑻❝ I PROMISE ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 13/04/1912.
"as long as you're with me you'll be just fine.
nothings gonna hurt you, baby.
nothings gonna take you from my side"

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 taken on the tour around the ship by a kind Mr Andrews and a... questionable Mr Ismay, I had retreated down to the reading room and spent an hour or so there alone to kill time before I was due to get ready for dinner. I was in desperate need to charge my social battery up before I had to sit around that table again.

I had chosen a chair that was by a window and was far away from everyone else. I looked up from the book every now and then to gaze out the window, taking in the neverending ocean that I had been looking at for days now.

I was in my own little world as I gazed out the window, thinking about what dress I should wear tonight when I saw movement in the corner of my eye. I instantly looked over, and saw that Molly Brown had come over to say hello.

"Hiya, darl'," She greeted cheerfully, her southern accent shone through her words and sounded so smooth in my ear.

I smiled up at Molly and closed my book so I could give her my attention, "Molly. Hi."

She motioned to the free seat next to me, "You mind if I sit here for a moment?" She asked but already began to lower herself onto the chair

"Not at all," I shook my head happily nonetheless.

She settled into the seat, shifting around a little and then relaxed back into it. I examined the lady, noticing how she was more informal than the other first-class ladies on this ship. It made me feel comfortable, knowing that she didn't take herself as seriously as the others. I feel like I could speak freely to her and not be judged, instead, she would ignite a respectful conversation out of it.

"What're ya' doing in here all alone?" She asked.

I shrugged, lifting my shoulder lightly, "just trying to get some time to myself before dinner, I guess."