chapter two

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹  𝑻 𝑾 𝑶
❝ FLOAT YOUR BOAT ❞

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹  𝑻 𝑾 𝑶❝ FLOAT YOUR BOAT ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 10/04/1912.
"she, she's the first one that i see,
she lives in daydreams with me,
she's the first one that i see and i don't know why."

    ❝𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄, my darling

    ❝𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄, my darling."
I cradled Bucket's soft cheeks in my hands and pressed continuous kisses wherever my lips could find space on her head, "Oh, I'll miss you." My heart ached badly having to leave her be for the next few weeks, but I know she would be happier being looked after at home than anywhere else. As much as she absolutely loved the water, she hated going on boats and ships even more.

"Get a move on, Tabitha—we seriously can't be late," My father urged from the foyer a few feet away from me, "You're not leaving her forever."

He was the only one waiting for me, whereas everybody else was outside probably in the car already.

"Yes, I know," I muttered with a pout, leaving one last kiss on Bucket's head before standing up straight and fixing my hat since it tipped slightly due to the active head moving when I was smothering Bucket in kisses. "Okay. I'm ready."

My father sent me a warm smile and offered his arm as I neared him by the open door. He was in a better mood today than the past few days, it was a thankfully needed change as I was so close to popping a vein because of the tense atmosphere in the house this past week due to my mother's pestering and my father's snappy attitude.

I knew they truly did mean well, at the end of the day. It was a stressful situation and I understood that. But god, was I close to actually losing it. Gene, my older brother, had taken it upon himself to try and keep the energy light and crack a few jokes every now and again when possible which I was very thankful for. But that was just him usually.

A loud honk suddenly sounded out from the car that was parked in the driveway, which finally had all our luggage inside thanks to the help of our maids, and Gene popped his head out the driver's window, "Come on now! We'll be having to swim to Titanic if we don't hurry it up."