02| Hiding behind a wall

~SOHOKU HIGH SCHOOL BICYCLE CLUB~

"Kinjou, how are the new members looking?" The ace sprinter of the bicycle club asked their captain as he now started to drink from his water bottle.

The captain named, Kinjou spoke after a few silence passed. "One seems decent but..." Kinjou trailed off catching the other members attention.

"But?" Asked Sohoku's ace climber, he had long green hair and red streaks on his hair. The first that asked Kinjou a question who was the ace sprinter also agreed with the ace climber with a questioned look, "Hmm?"

The members watched their captain adjust his glasses while saying, "I wish we had another card."

~~Back to the two male Otakus~~

The raven haired boy and the (H/C) haired boy stared at the note in front of the club room with disbelief.

"Due to lack of members, the anime and manga club's activities have been suspended. If you would like to restart the club, gather at least five members and contact the advisor."  Onoda read for the both of them. Onoda dropped his guide notebook and started screaming and punching the door like he was in jail, asking, "Why!?" to the note, as he banged the door. (M/N) also feels the same way as Onoda, but didn't show it because he thought it was a little inappropriate to do so. So (M/N) tried to calm Onoda down by patting his back, since he can't speak.

"In middle school, no one around me talked about anime... During the three school years, I never once revealed that I was a fan of anime... And now in high school I actually found someone who also like anime.. but I thought I would find more people to talk about anime and manga with.!!" Onoda who thought he was only thinking this in his head because he was in shock and despair was actually saying this out loud, enough for the other Otaku to hear. (M/N) wrote something on his post-It notebook then showed it to the raven who was now apparently already have tears in his eyes. Onoda ignored his tears and looked at what the male wanted to say to him.

"It's okay, Onoda-kun.. I've been there too"

Onoda then looked at the (H/C) haired boy. He saw (M/N)'s eyes slightly closed indicating that he was smiling at the boy. Onoda wiped his tears and nodded with a smile now filling him with hope and warm comfort. But then the raven realized what (M/N) meant by what he wrote. Onoda's face quickly became flustered, panic rushing in.

"W-Wha.!! D-Did I said t-that.. o-out l-loud.!???!" The raven asked, stuttering his face still in a panic and flustered. (M/N) find his reaction adorable and nodded in response still smiling under the mask. Onoda's face turned bright red from embarrassment. (M/N) Silently giggled at Onoda's cute reaction again.

(M/N) wrote something down on his post-It notebook again. But before he could show it to Onoda of what he wrote, two girls were walking down the hall at the same time, the girls then stopped by the two boys looking at them.

"Huh? What's that?" One of the girls asked, it was the girl with short light brown hair. The girl with longer hair that's colored dark brown read the 'Note on the former clubs door'. "The Anime club room?" She asked and her companion opened the guide notebook she had saying, "It's in the Guide, but I heard it got shot down.." The long haired girl hummed in response.

Onoda's ear perked up at their conversation. The raven haired boy quickly turned to the two females; he initially asks them both if they want to rekindle the anime club saying, "OH! You guys want to join too.!!? It's such a shame!! RIGHT!? Let's gather members a-and open it back Up.!!" (M/N) sweat dropped at Onoda's actions, feeling a bit embarrassed at what he did.