Mate!

Sierra was in the school cafeteria. Today she was a bit nervous. She was finally eighteen which meant that at any minute she would find her mate i.e if her mate was someone from school.

She had no idea what she would do if she found him there. She had never imagined how it would be like.

Would he be caring like Jack or cold like Varez?

Would he be possessive or open minded?

What if he's the new art teacher?

The new art teacher was young and was actually a substitute. He was interested in Sierra, in a good way. He was a human. He had a good personality and humor but Sierra was never interested. Many girls had noticed Mr. Dawson's interest towards Sierra and one of them even claimed that he accepted that he had feelings for Sierra in front of her.

And now thinking about it, Sierra swore that if her mate is Mr. Dawson, she would jump off a cliff.

"HELLO! EARTH TO SIERRA!", Eva waved her hands in front of Sierra who was daydreaming.

"Oh, sorry. What were you saying? I got dozed off", Sierra apologized.

"Cut the crap, Sierra. Tell me what's bugging you?", Eva cut to the point.

"I was just thinking about-"

"-your mate?", Eva completed.

"Hey! How did you know?", Sierra exclaimed.

"I'm your best friend, Sierra. I know everything about you. Plus, the feeling is mutual. I was overthinking like you too. Everyone feels this way", Eva exclaimed.

At that moment, Sierra smelled an intoxicating scent. Her wolf got excited. She instantly knew what this feeling was. Her mate was nearby and by the way he was approaching, he was trying to fing her.

Her mate was trying to find her!

The moment Sierra realized it, she grabbed her bag and started to run. While she was running, she could feel 'him' following her. So, she went inside girl's restroom, where she wouldn't have to confront him.

Inside, Sierra washed her face and looked herself in the mirror, one of her habits when she got nervous.

She knew that whoever her mate was, he was standing outside waiting for her to come out.

Well, atleast he knows how to give a girl space, Sierra thought.

The door of the restroom opened and Eva entered.

"Found him?"

"Yes."

"He's standing outside."

"I know."

"Is he someone I know?", curiosity took best of Sierra.

"Maybe or maybe not", Eva answered teasing her.

"Oh, come on. Tell me!", commanded Sierra.

"Oh, hello! That Luna tone of yours does not work on me. Besides, you should go and see yourself", suggested Eva.

"Tell me it's not Mr. Dawson", Sierra joked.

"Sheesh, no!", Eva joined in.

Sierra stepped towards the door, took a deep breath and stepped out.

Varez was standing outside. Ay first, he was happy that he found his mate but when he realized that it was Sierra for whom he was waiting, his happiness changed into anger. The only thing he could think of was that Sierra came in his way once and she was coming in his way again.

But the good thing was that now he exactly knew how to destroy Sierra.

He smirked and said, I Alpha Varez, reject you Sierra Cameron as my mate and the Luna of Blue Lightning Pack."

Saying it, he went towards the cafeteria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sierra entered her room, jumped on her bed and buried her face in the pillow. Each entered inside through the window. Eva had called him and told him what had happened.

"Sierra."

"Leave me alone, Jack."

"Sierra, talk to me. Please!"

Sierra sat up and said, "He rejected me, Jack." A tear rolled down her cheek but Jack wiped it, "Then why are 'you' crying? He's the one who should cry. He does not know what a beautiful soul he has lost by doing this."

"I always knew he hated me but this-", Sierra couldn't say anymore and broke down and Jack hugged her.