Side Effects

Seher came home and after freshening up she spent a good time with her family. In evening after offering her namaz and later having dinner she just crashed down.
Elsewhere in Malhotra mansion Manik after reaching home took a little rest and after the dinner they had a little chit chat with each other as Cabir wasn't at home at the evening tea time. Dadi asked Manik how was his day, keeping his head on her lap he laid on the couch and told her that it was as usual. Mukti being a mischievous one thought of irritating her brother.

Mukti : Waise Bhai....can I ask you something.

Manik : From when did you need the permission to ask something or waise bhi if I say no tab bhi you'll ask..to puch

Mukti : Ok.....So Bhai how's your new PA doing (suppressing her laugh) I mean did she say something more like she said that day

Manik : Mukti!!!! ( irritatedly)

Mukti : What??? I took your permission before asking (giggling)

Cabir : Manik waise Mukti sahi to keh rahi hai...batana did Seher say anything else ( teasing him)

Manik : Guys please yaar (irritatedly)
Dadi aap to kuch bolo.

Dadi : Mukti, Cabir bas karo tum dono, kab tak us baat se sataoge ise...

Cabir : Dadi this is not fair....(in a complaining tone) aap hamesha iska he sath dete ho...

Mukti : Yes Dadi... Cabir is right aap har baar Bhai ka support karte ho.

Dadi : Aisa nahi hai bachon...par tumlog uske piche he pad gae ho.. so I've to stand with him (kissing manik's forehead)

Mukti : I know Dadi you love Bhai more (pouting) ye sab to sirf excuse hai

Dadi : Mukti it's nothing like that.. acha ok next time I'll take your side.

Cabir : We'll see Dadi (dramatically)

Dadi : Acha ok... Waise Manik ek baat bata tune phir use sataya to nahi na (in a stern)

Cabir : Dadi I know isne kuch nhi kiya hoga ..aap bhul gae after all he had promised you..aur apka promise to...(cut in btw)

Mukti : Bhai kabhi nahi todte ...right Cabir???

Cabir : Exactly!!!

Manik : Dadi , Cabir is right ...you know na mai apko kiya promise nhi todta....aur han I didn't trouble her mai kya use sataunga infact wo hi mujhe pareshan kar rahi hai.

"Matlab" the trio said simultaneously.

Manik realised what he had done he bit his tongue, sat up straight, composed himself and clearing his throat he said "Matlab?? matlab kya nothing" stammering.

Mukti : What do you mean nothing? (standing up from her place and sitting besides Manik) Bhai abhi to aapne bola na that wo apko pareshan kar rahi hai... Hai na Dadi? he just said it.. aapne bhi suna na.

Cabir : Ofcourse maine bhi suna.

Dadi : Haan I also heard it, Manik!

Manik was now sitting in between Dadi and Mukti and the trio started bombarding him with their questions and Manik got irritated, so firstly he got up from his place and started to move from the place as he didn't wanted to answer any of them. To avoid the situation he told them that he is tired and feeling sleepy, faking a yawn to prove it, he took a cushion and threw it on Cabir and he ran towards his room , as he ran he could hear three different voices behind him to stop and answer their questions but he put a deaf ear on everything and reaching his room he locked it as Cabir and Mukti were following him.